PS1000 Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #3,406 of 3,605
  I posted a photo from Singapore showing a PS1000e with flush mounted drivers (HERE) so it looks like they do exist, just not in the U.S.?

that's a picture of the original PS1000. looks like an early model even. the other pics are also from various sources i would say.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #3,407 of 3,605
  that's a picture of the original PS1000. looks like an early model even. the other pics are also from various sources i would say.

The cups are showing PS1000e not PS1000, so you really can't say that these are the PS1000…but they may have thrown in a photo of the flush mounted drivers from the PS1000 who knows? If I purchased these from Singapore, I would expect to receive exactly what the photos are advertising, and I see PS1000e with flush mounted drivers.

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #3,408 of 3,605
  The cups are showing PS1000e not PS1000, so you really can't say that these are the PS1000…but they may have thrown in a photo of the flush mounted drivers from the PS1000 who knows? If I purchased these from Singapore, I would expect to receive exactly what the photos are advertising, and I see PS1000e with flush mounted drivers.

that's why i said:
the other pics are also from various sources

they did not take these pics themselves. but if the description says they're selling the ps1000e then they should be. but you won't have flush drivers.

I sourced the pics for you:

The pic showing the PS1000e 'floating' comes from the Grado website

http://www.gradolabs.com/images/dealer_downloads/ps1000e_alt.jpg

the driver close-up seems to originate from the PS1000 review on trustedreviews:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/grado-ps1000-photos-7
http://www.trustedreviews.com/grado-ps1000-photos-8

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,409 of 3,605
@CH23 

Those sneaky son of a b%$#@&s!
Thanks.
beerchug.gif

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,410 of 3,605
Interesting thing happened to my PS1000e after it reached 800 hours mark of burning-in: I attached it to my "Sony NW-ZX2" DAP and the sound is almost as good as from my main stationery system. I can't find any lacks, bass, mids and highs are all perfect, very natural sounding, and relaxing at the same time.

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,411 of 3,605
Interesting thing happened to my PS1000e after it reached 800 hours mark of burning-in: I attached it to my "Sony NW-ZX2" DAP and the sound is almost as good as from my main stationery system. I can't find any lacks, bass, mids and highs are all perfect, very natural sounding, and relaxing at the same time.

Dec 15, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #3,414 of 3,605
Does your head hurt from the band after an hour of listening.

if you're careful you can try to bend the headband a bit to have it better support your head:

Excuse the bad drawing. circle is your head, grey is the headband.
in the left image, the headband gets completely supported by a single point. by bending it you can have the support spread out to 2 or 3 points. this reduces the pressure per point.

Dec 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #3,415 of 3,605
When I had my original PS1000 (2 pairs at different times, both the original non-e version), the headband bothered me (insufficient padding for the weight).
I got a square of thin foam rubber that was packaging material (from a Harry and David box, and they still use this). It was about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch thick.
I cut a strip about 7 inches by 1.5 inches and placed it on the underside of the headband, secured by some tiny bits of tape.
This worked fine and was super easy to do.

You can buy a thin sheet of foam from various packing material suppliers or foam companies online I think for a few dollars.

For some reason, the PS1000e i have now feels totally fine and does not need any headband padding. 
I don't know if the 'e' headband differs or the headphone is lighter or whatever, but that's my experience.
Good luck. It's a great headphone. My PS1000e is a great phone by the way, one that is more refined than my old PS1000, with more reserved lows and highs, and a better, more coherent presentation.

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #3,416 of 3,605
Hi all,

Id need your expertise regarding an amp : the Bakoon HPA-21 as Im interested to purchase one with my grado PS1000.

I currently own a Hugo TT and the result is great but not that much better than my PC card  : Asus STX II Essence.

I’m thinking to put a real dac and a real amp to get better dynamic & bass.

I’ve tried several amps (cypher labs Prautes, Audiovalve RKV MKIII) that were not far better than a 200$ pci card. Im wondering if this may be due to the PS1000 that is very easy to drive…

If anyone have experience of a HPA-21 with the PS1000 Id be interested to hear your feedback,

Thanks !

PS: I ve tried several high end others headphones : Audeze LCD X, LCD 5, Abyss and none are closed to the PS1000 in terms of fun -for my ears-

Vincent

Jan 6, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,418 of 3,605
  PS: I ve tried several high end others headphones : Audeze LCD X, LCD 5, Abyss and none are closed to the PS1000 in terms of fun -for my ears-

Vincent

I've also put many TOTL headphones up against my PS1K including the LCD-X/Abyss and preferred my PS1K as well.

I had owned the Schiit Lyr in the past and found it was a great match with real nice authority paired with PS1K and some NOS Amperex Orange Globe ECC88 tubes. At that time the Lyr didn't have gain settings but the Lyr 2 does.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #3,419 of 3,605
  Hi all,

Id need your expertise regarding an amp : the Bakoon HPA-21 as Im interested to purchase one with my grado PS1000.

I currently own a Hugo TT and the result is great but not that much better than my PC card  : Asus STX II Essence.

I’m thinking to put a real dac and a real amp to get better dynamic & bass.

I’ve tried several amps (cypher labs Prautes, Audiovalve RKV MKIII) that were not far better than a 200$ pci card. Im wondering if this may be due to the PS1000 that is very easy to drive…

If anyone have experience of a HPA-21 with the PS1000 Id be interested to hear your feedback,

Thanks !

Vincent

I have owned the bakoon mk 8210 amp and used it with the grado.
 I actually bought that amp specifically for the PS1000 and it was phenomenal.
Tight bass and fast detailed sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back