post your grado mods....
Oct 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #4,052 of 8,992

Some new wood.

Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings.  I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though.  It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery.  The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try.  Soon ...

Oct 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #4,053 of 8,992

Still working on getting some leather L-Cush ear coverings.  I did get some great thread in the mail yesterday, though.  It is a nice, heavy bonded nylon thread (black color) for sewing leather and heavy upholstery.  The night was so jammed last night, I didn't get a chance to give it a try.  Soon ...

Did you read that thread Wayne? It seems like the leather has to cover the whole ear pad. It's not just on the outside.
He shows you how to do it somewhere, I'll take a look.

Oct 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #4,058 of 8,992
Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:

Ear Zonk.  Bottom View.

Ear Zonk:  Top view.

Ear Zonk, Left.  Grado, Right.  (Sorry, bad picture quality):

Ear Zonk, Left.  Grado L-Cush, Right:

Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #4,059 of 8,992

Lookie what I just got in the mail :D
I'll start the official thread for it tomorrow after my marching completion.

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #4,060 of 8,992
  Ear Zonk L-Cush vs. Grado L-Cush:

Ear Zonk.  Bottom View.

Ear Zonk:  Top view.

Ear Zonk, Left.  Grado, Right.  (Sorry, bad picture quality):

Ear Zonk, Left.  Grado L-Cush, Right:

Ear Zonk L-Cush, TTVJ Flat, Sennheiser 414 w/Quarter Mod, Grado L-Cush:

I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread

The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!

Lookie what I just got in the mail
biggrin.gif

I'll start the official thread for it tomorrow after my marching completion.

beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.

Oct 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #4,061 of 8,992
  I just posted a similar post in the Grado Fan Club thread

The price seems right on those Zonk G cushions!

beautiful...look forward to seeing what you do with it all.

Yes.  The price is right and the comfort is good.  However ... I'm currently trying to get a response from Ear Zonk on the issue with the cut-out sizes on the G-Cush pads.  The openings that fit over the Grado cups are of two different sizes.  One fits perfectly, and the other is oversized and the pad does not stay on the cup when you are not wearing the headphones.  As opposed to going back though Amazon to swap the pads out (and potentially get another pair with the same issue), I thought I'd see if Ear Zonk could give me some insight.  I'm not frustrated with the issue, but would love to see this work out so we could have even more options for Grado pads.  The price / comfort of the G-cush offering certainly is attractive, but I'd hate to recommend an item if the fit / size is an issue due to manufacturing issues.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #4,062 of 8,992

Very good!  When they reach me, I'll do some detailed analysis and put it into a grid-style format with a grading system.  I did this a few nights ago with the Aune 1 in various configurations.  It kind of removed the guesswork out of trying to read into someone's description of the comparison when you can see the grading system and the criteria used for each cup.

That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.

Oct 12, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #4,064 of 8,992
  That's a good idea, do you have a grading system ready to go?
Maybe we could use it for the tone-wood review.
How about posting it up so we can have a look at it, or send it to a horse named jeff so he can take a look at it.

Yes.  I have the concept in mind and will draw it up in a grid format and make the spreadsheet format available.  I'm sure this will be interesting as if we all are using the same criteria and grading scale, it will be less "apples vs. oranges" when it comes to viewers reading through the test results.  However, this will be later -- very late tonight, or early in the morning.  I have something I need to tend to given that it's fall and time for a little fun  --  a great, festive event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back