post your grado mods....
Sep 25, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,946 of 8,987
Well, I swore I was done modding, and I promised myself I would just buy. Pair of 325is and move on with my life, but I couldn't control myself.

I just got back from spending my lunch talking to a very bemused machinist who is going to try and turn me a pair of PS1 clone cups (complete with screws to hold drivers in place). I plan to put a pair of Magnum drivers in them.

I have no idea how this is all going to sound when I am done, it could be absolutely crapty, but what are Grado Modders if not adventurous?

Sep 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #3,947 of 8,987
Well, I swore I was done modding, and I promised myself I would just buy. Pair of 325is and move on with my life, but I couldn't control myself.

I just got back from spending my lunch talking to a very bemused machinist who is going to try and turn me a pair of PS1 clone cups (complete with screws to hold drivers in place). I plan to put a pair of Magnum drivers in them.

I have no idea how this is all going to sound when I am done, it could be absolutely crapty, but what are Grado Modders if not adventurous?

BROKE.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #3,948 of 8,987
LMAO...true...who knows though, maybe this will be the killer mod that cures me...and really, we all know how bored we'd be if we just ordered a pair of cans and listened to them.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #3,950 of 8,987
thank's for the offer , may be i'll make gimbal by my self.. just like i made wood cup and lamb skin leather band. 

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,952 of 8,987
Very nice!

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #3,953 of 8,987
  More Walnut

You beat me to it.  I wanted to finish mine up and get the pics posted.  I'm using the Sony head band and sewing on a leather sheathing as opposed to the black factory pleather.

Nice work ... I really love the black walnut.  I think as far as it being a "tone wood" it really ranks up with some of the better species, too - or that's my impression.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #3,954 of 8,987
BTW, could someone measure their Magnum V5's diameter and height for me? Want to be sure I get the seating right on my aluminium cups...

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #3,955 of 8,987

You beat me to it.  I wanted to finish mine up and get the pics posted.  I'm using the Sony head band and sewing on a leather sheathing as opposed to the black factory pleather.

Nice work ... I really love the black walnut.  I think as far as it being a "tone wood" it really ranks up with some of the better species, too - or that's my impression.

Well....lets see what you've been up to.
I can't wait.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #3,960 of 8,987

I decided to start from scratch on the tone-wood review cups as I was given some small blocks of Cherry, Yellow Birch and Maple, I already had Walnut. I’m thinking the review will be on North American Tone-woods. The best of the North American Tone-Woods.

I’m not sure Yellow Birch should be in with this group but what other North American tone-wood is up there with Maple, Walnut and Black Cherry?

I’m going to make them all the same size finished with Bees wax, no differences that could affect sound.

If this works out and reviewers pass them on without problem I’ll do the same thing with exotic Tone-woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back