post your grado mods....
Aug 25, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #3,767 of 8,992
Quote:

You might also benefit from the larger wooden area in improved sound (?).  How is the sound with the L-Cush on the headphones vs. the G-Cush that you have in the picture?

I've only been using the G-Cush for a week or so and would have to say that they seem to reduce the bass quantity a little with the Magnum V4. I haven't done a comparison between the two...... that was just my first impression. 

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3,768 of 8,992
The G-Cush threw it off for me...I am so used to seeing the L-Cush on your stuff...

I have never actually owned a pair of G-Cush oddly enough...I suppose I should try some at some point.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,769 of 8,992
Quote:
The G-Cush threw it off for me...I am so used to seeing the L-Cush on your stuff...

I have never actually owned a pair of G-Cush oddly enough...I suppose I should try some at some point.

The actual Grado G-cush replacement is $45.00 for a pair.  However, there is a knock-off company selling pretty good pads for $19.99 on Amazon + shipping.  Ear Zonk / EarZonk is the company.  They also offer the L-Cush for $9.99, or 1/2 the cost of the actual Grado L-Cush.  

I haven't tried any of the Ear Zonk products yet, but am certainly looking to try them.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #3,770 of 8,992
Quote:
I've only been using the G-Cush for a week or so and would have to say that they seem to reduce the bass quantity a little with the Magnum V4. I haven't done a comparison between the two...... that was just my first impression. 

I also wonder how much of a difference exists between the Magnum (v.4) and the Grado GS1000 drivers?  Magnum really offers a great value for those who like to try several variations without killing your bank account.

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #3,771 of 8,992
EarZonk= poo... I ordered a pair (2 actually) and they were cut different/ mismatched, the material is different and falls apart... they also do not have the higher density foam the Grado pads have at the edges and mounting... totally junk...

Aug 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #3,772 of 8,992
Quote:
EarZonk= poo... I ordered a pair (2 actually) and they were cut different/ mismatched, the material is different and falls apart... they also do not have the higher density foam the Grado pads have at the edges and mounting... totally junk...

Agreed, I ordered their L-Cush pads and one of the holes was cut so big it won't even stay on. I got a refund from Amazon and ordered HD414 pads.

Aug 25, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #3,773 of 8,992
Quote:
Agreed, I ordered their L-Cush pads and one of the holes was cut so big it won't even stay on. I got a refund from Amazon and ordered HD414 pads.

Yeah, Earzonk kind of sucks. I got their L-Cush and they fit fine but they are not cut the same way as the real L-Cush and the sides are different from each other slightly. But theres no way I'm spending the regular amount of money on them. I refuse to spend any more than $10-$20 on a piece of foam, regardless of whether or not they are "official".

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #3,774 of 8,992

Yeah, Earzonk kind of sucks. I got their L-Cush and they fit fine but they are not cut the same way as the real L-Cush and the sides are different from each other slightly. But theres no way I'm spending the regular amount of money on them. I refuse to spend any more than $10-$20 on a piece of foam, regardless of whether or not they are "official".

The real sounds better though... More comfortable, more durable, all around better product.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #3,778 of 8,992
I just want to make a shout out to 7Keys. He made me a beautiful pair of cups, making these headphones sound, to me, 5x better. It was at an extremely affordable price, XX for me. My Paradox and Senn HD650 are sitting right next to me, both at $500, and guess what I'm using? A modded SR60i. So thank you, 7Keys, very, very much.

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #3,779 of 8,992
Quote:
I just want to make a shout out to 7Keys. He made me a beautiful pair of cups, making these headphones sound, to me, 5x better. It was at an extremely affordable price, $Nice$ for me. My Paradox and Senn HD650 are sitting right next to me, both at $500, and guess what I'm using? A modded SR60i. So thank you, 7Keys, very, very much.

Sshhh ... don't quote the price that 7Keys gave you.  While excellent, his inbox will be swarmed with members requesting the same price.  Yikes.  
size]

Aug 25, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #3,780 of 8,992
Quote:
Quote:
I just want to make a shout out to 7Keys. He made me a beautiful pair of cups, making these headphones sound, to me, 5x better. It was at an extremely affordable price, $Nice$ for me. My Paradox and Senn HD650 are sitting right next to me, both at $500, and guess what I'm using? A modded SR60i. So thank you, 7Keys, very, very much.

Sshhh ... don't quote the price that 7Keys gave you.  While excellent, his inbox will be swarmed with members requesting the same price.  Yikes.  
size]

I didn't think it was much of a problem, but I changed it to be safe. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back