post your grado mods....
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #3,332 of 8,992
Wood cups came in the mail today, they are so beautiful 7keys! I'll send them out to triton on Monday

I'm gonna do the swap as soon as I get the time and I'll post pics and reviews once they're done (probably tomorrow)

Jun 29, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #3,334 of 8,992
Hey guys, I'm looking for some second hand drivers, preferably non-liberated, and preferably not working! If someone has one (or two) lying around, let me know.

Thanks
Luke

Jun 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,338 of 8,992
Soldering iron in the mailbox this morning when I got back from vacation...not sure I have the nerve to use it yet...might make a few interconnects first, get used to the feel of it, then do my cable and complete my build, or I might lose patience and pay a bugger nearby to do it.

If anyone wants to post pictures of them doing a de-solder and re-solder of some drivers (ie: give a little tutorial) it would be most appreciated. I can't seem to find one aside from the Turbulent Labs video, which has way too much editing for my liking :)....

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #3,340 of 8,992
Ooooh. Flash of inspiration...buy the parts to make a cable, practice by soldering the jack on first, then do the drivers...whose a smart boy then...?

Jun 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #3,341 of 8,992
Quote:
Ooooh. Flash of inspiration...buy the parts to make a cable, practice by soldering the jack on first, then do the drivers...whose a smart boy then...?

When I first did my first solder job I found an old motherboard and practiced on that first before I touched my headphones. I also did a search on youtube and watched a few videos. 

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #3,342 of 8,992
Liquidzoo, I buy my shaft collars with set screws from a well supplied hardware store. Not home depot or a Lowe's. They are 1/8" inside diameter. Sightly smaller nitril rubber o-rings, same store. Ace hardware to be exact if you have anything similar there.

Jun 30, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #3,343 of 8,992
Old motherboards are great to practice on. I've found that soldering drivers is more scary than it is difficult. Make sure your soldering tip is well tinned and clean, heat the wire and the solder simultaneously, and move quickly once it flows! Easier than baking apple pie. Which, is actually pretty tough I found. Bialy's are easier and taste better.
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #3,345 of 8,992
Also, a pair of "helping hands" is really helpful, will make your work that much better.

You can build a pair of helping hands with some stiff wire (like an old clothes hanger) and clothes pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back