post your grado mods....
Dec 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2,687 of 8,989
Its  2cm thick solid oak flooring, only thing i could find in the shed apart from a very nice chunk of red mahogany that im saving till i get better hole saws.
Havent had any buzzing or any issues with the sound apart from maybe some loss in detail over the 325 cups i had in but i assume that its just because it is less bright so not really a "loss" in detail but a different sound, warmer. I prefer it tbh but it is just a simple wood cup...only had a 2" and 3" hole saw so there is no "chamber" which i  assume would improve the sound. Still new to modding and do not have access to a lathe or anything like that so im making the best of it and having fun. Any tips are very welcome.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2,688 of 8,989
Quote:
Its  2cm thick solid oak flooring, only thing i could find in the shed apart from a very nice chunk of red mahogany that im saving till i get better hole saws.
Havent had any buzzing or any issues with the sound apart from maybe some loss in detail over the 325 cups i had in but i assume that its just because it is less bright so not really a "loss" in detail but a different sound, warmer. I prefer it tbh but it is just a simple wood cup...only had a 2" and 3" hole saw so there is no "chamber" which i  assume would improve the sound. Still new to modding and do not have access to a lathe or anything like that so im making the best of it and having fun. Any tips are very welcome.

You can make some nice cups with just a few hole saws but you'll need more than 2" and 3".
but your doing great with what you have. 

Here are a few I've made with a few hole saws and a drill press. Oh......and many hours of sanding.
I used this guide first but then made a few adjustments. 
http://headfonics.com/2011/07/grado-diy-how-to-get-a-perfect-woody/

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #2,690 of 8,989
Quote:
No, more info on this headband. What's it from?

41vS5TSslvL._AA160_.jpg

[size=1.7em] KonoAudio KA-ROH-116 Headphones - Retro Black Plaid[/size]

http://www.amazon.com/KonoAudio-KA-ROH-116-Headphones-Retro-Black/dp/B005CUVPNO/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356960805&sr=1-10&keywords=headphones+plaid

Hope that helps. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #2,691 of 8,989
I officially got my dream build =) MacbookPro, SR325i brushed finish (not the grey powder coated finish) w symphones aluminum gimbals, audio gd NFB15.1 running out of ammara and itunes FTW.

Dec 31, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #2,692 of 8,989
Quote:
I officially got my dream build =) MacbookPro, SR325i brushed finish (not the grey powder coated finish) w symphones aluminum gimbals, audio gd NFB15.1 running out of ammara and itunes FTW.

Jin! You need to speed up my shipment
tongue.gif
. The company hasn't updated the tracking since the 21st.. I wonder where it is. You like your dream build?

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,693 of 8,989
Quote:
tongue.gif
. The company hasn't updated the tracking since the 21st.. I wonder where it is. You like your dream build?

Hope you receive it soon =) if you dont receive it in the next 7 days ill personally make a report to the post service. I think the xmas posts might be causing the delay =). Love my dream build btw =) 

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #2,694 of 8,989
Quote:
Quote:
tongue.gif

Hope you receive it soon =) if you dont receive it in the next 7 days ill personally make a report to the post service. I think the xmas posts might be causing the delay =). Love my dream build btw =) 

Ok, glad your liking your dream build
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #2,695 of 8,989
Don't have RS1s yet...should be getting them in about 1-2 weeks but can anyone give me the dimensions of the pair? I want to work on building/buying a wood box for them now

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:09 AM Post #2,696 of 8,989
Jan 2, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,697 of 8,989
Jan 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,699 of 8,989
Finally got my 225i into their Vintage Vibros and Turbulent Labs leather headband...of course, I have those Cabillas cups on their way, so who knows how log this setup will last :)

How do you like the headband? I just got mine today and I dunno... Mixed feelings . The stiching is a bit off & is it symmetrical as in can it be flipped either way? It's also really tight so it's tough to get the metal to re-grab ... I'm thinking maybe I should glue it...

Jan 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #2,700 of 8,989
Quote:
Quote:
Finally got my 225i into their Vintage Vibros and Turbulent Labs leather headband...of course, I have those Cabillas cups on their way, so who knows how log this setup will last
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like the headband? I just got mine today and I dunno... Mixed feelings . The stiching is a bit off & is it symmetrical as in can it be flipped either way? It's also really tight so it's tough to get the metal to re-grab ... I'm thinking maybe I should glue it...

Contact Jin. He's extremely friendly and helpful. And the padding should face down, onto your head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back