post your grado mods....
Dec 26, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2,656 of 8,990
Not sure if this is the best thread for this post - but taking a shot someone might have some advice for me.

I have SR60i's that I really enjoy. But like most I guess I wanted a little more lower end.  After lots of research here and on the other threads I went ahead and did the hole punch mod along with putting some felt pads (the stuff you buy at home depot for the bottom of furniture) on the back of the driver, the button on the grill, and around the chamber.  I have also been experimenting between the S pads and the L pads.  Listening to the L pads right now and sounds great.

On to my question - the furniture felt seems really kind of thick for this application.  I can still see the holes I punched, but it is almost up to the edge.  I was wondering if I would get a similar effect, or maybe even a better one, by purchasing some felt at a fabric store glueing it in place.  Has anyone tried this?

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2,657 of 8,990
Finally got my 225i into their Vintage Vibros and Turbulent Labs leather headband...of course, I have those Cabillas cups on their way, so who knows how log this setup will last :)

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,658 of 8,990
Quote:
Finally got my 225i into their Vintage Vibros and Turbulent Labs leather headband...of course, I have those Cabillas cups on their way, so who knows how log this setup will last
smily_headphones1.gif

Those look amazing.

Dec 26, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2,659 of 8,990
I've had my sr-80i's for almost two days and all I've done is put l-Cush pads on them.... What's wrong with me

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #2,660 of 8,990
Quote:
Finally got my 225i into their Vintage Vibros and Turbulent Labs leather headband...of course, I have those Cabillas cups on their way, so who knows how log this setup will last
smily_headphones1.gif

I´ve wanted to do this for my SR225i since I got them. These look awesome.
I would do this just for the aesthetics, but do you notice any change in the sound deparment (good or bad)? (I know vibro don´t claim any improvements, but Id like to know from users)

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #2,661 of 8,990
Not sure about the 225i, but IMO there is a definite sonic change in the 325i.  Touch more warmth, and a slight toning down of the highs.

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2,663 of 8,990
It's all in the mind,i have just fitted my new Turbulent Labs Saddle Manta headband onto my woodied SR325i's,and not only do they look soooper,but they even sound better,work that one out.Just waiting for my Vibro Classic's to arrive and i will be a very happy bunny .Job done.Will post piccy's when finished.
o2smile.gif

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:38 PM Post #2,664 of 8,990
Thanks for all the compliments :). The 225i do sound warmer, and the highs are indeed toned down. I fear a slight loss of detail,but that could just be the Gradohead in me missing that brain-piercing top end :). I made a point of ABing them with a standard pair of 225i that I kept on hand specifically for this purpose. Next up, I have a pair of Cabillas cups on their way,and I just ordered a pair of the new Magnums from Turbulent (they are back in stock as of this morning). I want to see how they weigh up against the standard 225i and the Vintage Vibros...then I most definitely need to start selling off extras :). This has been quite the headphone bender for me...

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #2,665 of 8,990
Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

They Look great!

I just put my SR60i's in some new cups I made also.
The ones in the back are Magnum V4 in cups I bought here in the forums..

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #2,667 of 8,990
Quote:
Bamboo Woodies!

Those look brilliant...

Are you using the same method Vibro does for the cable-entry (a simple cut into the shell, so no soldering is needed when you mount the drivers)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back