post your grado mods....
Jan 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,381 of 8,992
A&H - I'd be interested in getting in on that dynamat action.  I got a set of the bling bling 325's for Christmas and didn't waste any time venting 4 holes.  I may do more, but I wanted to try dampening them first.  I'll send you a PM with contact info if you are still game.

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #1,382 of 8,992
Absolutely. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #1,383 of 8,992
Did a couple more mods tonight following my dynomat mod earlier this week. The last picture I purposely to the shine off the lettering so it is a black ring.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #1,385 of 8,992
I must say I like the looks of the de-shined rings w/no button much better than stock.

Btw, I just laughed really hard at your sig Bronco 
wink.gif

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #1,386 of 8,992

Quote:
Quote:

I think some wood accents would look awesome as a ring.

That's a fantastic idea.  I have a 325i which I'm planning to turn into a woody, but I've been thinking of first-staging it in wood and retaining the aluminum second-stage, sort of like an HF2 or miniature PS1000.  Unlike the HF2, this wooded 325 would have the driver backs vented so the full kick would come into play.  What I like about your suggestion is that nice wood would definitely make a great replacement for the plastic ring (which I always cringed at, anyway).

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #1,387 of 8,992

Absolutely. 

Count me in as well, if at all possible.

Did a couple more mods tonight following my dynomat mod earlier this week. The last picture I purposely to the shine off the lettering so it is a black ring.

Great work and brilliant modding.  This really does look cool.

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 PM Post #1,388 of 8,992
You got it. Hoping it will be here tomorrow or Sat. at the latest. It was sent from PA which is right next door to me here in WV, so it shouldn't take but a couple days to get here. I'll take stock of it and divvy it out from there. There should be a bunch of it.

Quote:

Absolutely. 

Count me in as well, if at all possible.

Jan 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #1,389 of 8,992

man i love this blocks i supposed or shift collar however you call it..thanks for posting it. i bought one pair of these and slapped it on my sr60 and it made it look diffrent...but decided not put back the black plastic block... thank you for your suggestion.. and to "BILAVIDEO", bill, doing the mods are a challenge to me and i guess to all of us who's doing it, but made my grados sound better. thank you so much..... next will be the silver wire and the headband...

Quote:
Same link I ordered mine from. Ordered on the 15th, got them today.

Quote:
Quote:
The shaft collars I picked up on Amazon for like $.64 each I think.  The exact size I used is: 1/8" ID, 3/8" OD with a 6-32 x 1/8 set screw. Here are a few pics....

A link for the lazy people out there. I'm ordering 12. http://www.amazon.com/Climax-Metal-C-012-BOX5-Collar-Plating/dp/B000P0Q9PK/ref=sr_1_7?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1293233853&sr=1-7

BAIL! Amazon says "Usually ships in 1 - 2 months."

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,392 of 8,992
I just purchased the Alessandro MS-1 and I am interested in the MS-1000 mod for them. I understand where I can get the GS-1000 pads, but where would I find some distancers? I know Jaben has some incredible cups/distancer kit in both aluminum and wood that they sell, but they are an asian marketplace that doesn't seem to have any way to purchase them online. I don't trust myself to make them. Would I have to ask someone to make them for me or is there some online store that sells them. I'm getting a little ticked off as people always post the links to the Jaben to buy them but offer no more direction than that.

Thanks

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #1,393 of 8,992
If you want the Jaben stuff, you have to contact him personally via PM. If you want just distancers, ApatN or me can help you out in the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back