post your grado mods....
Sep 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #886 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass-head mod (tape on the circumference of the bowls):

thanks, i'll check out this thread

i've gotten about half-way through that thread, and i realized i'm actually quite happy with the bass response of the RS1i. it's actually very strong already, imo. the problem is finding music/mastering worthy enough to be played through the RS1i
wink.gif
i might try the mod anyway just for kicks.

is that a hole-punch you used with electrical tape? i imagine that reduces the bass a bit and allows more room for the mid and highs?

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #888 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by Obot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody got any tips on removing the grills from the sr325i? Theres an extra bit of plastic in there =(

-obot

Well, I'm sure it will involve heat
wink.gif

PIC would help...

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #891 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone know where the best place to buy new bowls/locking rods is?

Not sure on bowls, but I've had this bookmarked for a while, I think this is what you mean by locking rods?

To Obot, I've had that stay in the cup when disassembling the SR225i as well. I think it's supposed to stay on the inner cup but it'll be fine if you put it back properly (which is basically impossible not to do since you have to line the cup up with the cable notches).

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #892 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To Obot, I've had that stay in the cup when disassembling the SR225i as well. I think it's supposed to stay on the inner cup but it'll be fine if you put it back properly (which is basically impossible not to do since you have to line the cup up with the cable notches).

Thats the problem, im trying to remove that black bit so I can get the grills out to re-paint them.

-obot

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #893 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure on bowls, but I've had this bookmarked for a while, I think this is what you mean by locking rods?

hmm im not sure if it's called locking rods.. what i mean is i'm missing the cap for the rod, is that what your link is?

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #897 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltraizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my cups.... SR80 now w/ aluminum cups!

I would love to learn about how those different cups changed the sound of your SR80 if you did use different cups. If you haven't maybe you should for my amusement.
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #898 of 8,992
Quote:

Thats the problem, im trying to remove that black bit so I can get the grills out to re-paint them.

-obot

Well, if you were going to rescreen and not concerned about any of the plastic, I'd say line a cookie sheet with foil, them bake the aluminum cups at 450-500degF.

Thanks to Malefoda's hex screen and a lead on a great anodizer, I'm keeping my 325s and I'm going to remove all the plastic on the outside, polish the cups with the Dremel and Semichrome, then have them electro-polished and anodized blue.
biggrin.gif
Screens will keep their satin texture so they will look a little different than the bowls. Then as soon as JMoney has his Grado leather pads released, I'm set! They will be my Alt Rock cans.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #899 of 8,992
Quote:

To clarify, iv just burnt myself... =(

-obot

I'm about to be doing the same thing in a week or so. Loop back to me in a week or two. I wouldn't bake them though.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #900 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltraizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my cups....
34pb804.gif

cups.jpg

SR80 now w/ aluminum cups!

Put less restrictive screens in those AL cups and charge $50 for the upgrade like Grado does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back