post your grado mods....
Dec 5, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #7,531 of 8,992
Good to know, I called Grado today and they said the cost was $100.00 flat fee to repair them.
Worth it to me to get them repaired.

Thanks

-retox

No worries. If your RS2 are vintage though, be clear that you don't want the drivers replaced with new ones :). Specify ONLY a recable/re-solder, and NOT new drivers...

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #7,533 of 8,992

Just popping past once again to let you know my Grado rig is still unchanged. And is still my favourite headphone. I'd be tempted to change the cable but I'm too scared of ruining my favourite cans if I screwed it up!

Dec 24, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #7,537 of 8,992
I could wait no longer to post these:

I had some scrap pieces of black walnut & mahogany that I didn't want to burn, so here is the result. My first time using chisels in this way. They just need a couple more coats of oil. 

Those are brilliant! I saw a pair shaped like wings once as well...

You should see if you can find Smeggy's "Double Dragons" pair of Thunderpants online. They are a beautiful pair of modded T50rp he made for bluemonkeyflyer with carved outside faces.

I've always wanted to have a go at carving and inlaying. Need to make the time to do it soon...

Dec 25, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #7,540 of 8,992
Those are brilliant! I saw a pair shaped like wings once as well...

You should see if you can find Smeggy's "Double Dragons" pair of Thunderpants online. They are a beautiful pair of modded T50rp he made for bluemonkeyflyer with carved outside faces.

I've always wanted to have a go at carving and inlaying. Need to make the time to do it soon...

Thanks fleasbaby, those "Thunderpants" look really nice. Using hand tools was pretty neat, & not too difficult to get the hang of, so I would recommend it. 

HA- cans for listening to files in aflac.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #7,541 of 8,992
Greetings from Spain...

I have done this "little mod" to a GS-1000 (second batch with 44mm drivers) that I need to restore from "scratch", the cable is an original Grado but with a more flexible sleeve...

I change the original "Y" with a piece of wood ( I need to clean excess glue
rolleyes.gif
)
And glued the drivers to the cups, too.

Thank´s and Happy New Year!!!
C.K.

Dec 29, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #7,543 of 8,992
Greetings from Spain.

DavidA: Thank´s for your words. Remove the drivers from all Grado´s is very hard (all we know it) but, with time, patience, a sharp blade, little hot air and "good hands"... We can do it.
wink.gif
A good and cold beer help us, too.

Other picture of the same work:

Up: original sleeve Grado and down:  black PET sleeve for left channel and red PET for right with some "heat-shrinkable" sleeve.

Cheers!!
C.K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back