post your grado mods....
Apr 19, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #7,068 of 8,988
  Hi All,

I just launched my web

www.rholupat.com

it is far from perfection but at least I try to offer something good for you.
And the collection item now still limited  :D

Just FYI I think you need to tell the admins you're a 'member of the trade' so they can update your banner to a custom one.
They don't take kindly to ninjas. 
ph34r.gif

Apr 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #7,070 of 8,988
If he is in Malaysia he has probably been asleep while we were educating him.

Let's give him time to respond.

Looks like nice product at fair price when not much else is available for headband and gimbals. Ever tried getting a spare headband from Grado?

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:27 AM Post #7,074 of 8,988
A plethora of Grado's. Modded and Unmodded.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #7,076 of 8,988

Woooow. Epic collection. Yours?

What are the Grados in the far bottom left? 

thanks and yes, they are all mine. The bottom left are MS1 drivers with low profile macassar ebony cups. The headband is from plussound audio. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #7,077 of 8,988
My RS1 clone.

Cups turned and finished by @fleasbaby. I highly recommend his work!

The gimbals were designed by me using 3D Builder and printed for me by my brother. I bought the metal rods at Lowes, and mounted them using JB Weld epoxy. The headphone frame came from an SR 80, as did the drivers, which are press fit. They are e series drivers (red back) from a stealth 80e. I also repurposed the cable from the SR 80, using a 1/4" Neutric plug. The 1/8" adapter has the original Grado plug with a Switchcraft jack.

The headband is from Turbulent Labs, and is the "Cofee finish". I had hoped for a duller more weathered look to it.

Edit: I knew something was up with the headband. Turbulent shipped me the wrong one! More updates to come!

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #7,078 of 8,988
My RS1 clone.

The gimbals were designed by me using 3D Builder and printed for me by my brother. I bought the metal rods at Lowes, and mounted them using JB Weld epoxy. The headphone frame came from an SR 80, as did the drivers, which are press fit. They are e series drivers (red back) from a stealth 80e. I also repurposed the cable from the SR 80, using a 1/4" Neutric plug. The 1/8" adapter has the original Grado plug with a Switchcraft jack.

The headband is from Turbulent Labs, and is the "Cofee finish". I had hoped for a duller more weathered look to it.

Edit: I knew something was up with the headband. Turbulent shipped me the wrong one! More updates to come!

Glad you liked them! I have been making some GS1000 clones the last week, and for a change decided to take some progress pictures. Here's how things went. This is how I make pretty much all of the Grado cups I do:

Apr 28, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #7,080 of 8,988

My RS1 clone.

Glad you liked them! I have been making some GS1000 clones the last week, and for a change decided to take some progress pictures. Here's how things went. This is how I make pretty much all of the Grado cups I do:

Nice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back