post your grado mods....
Nov 25, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6,781 of 8,992
Hey there-
  Just for the sake of it, here are the cups for my senngrado set. Black walnut again. They have been sitting around for a week & will likely sit around for another– the reason being the trouble I'm having with making an adapter ring to fit the cup on the left. You can see the imperfection of the inside cut I made around the spot where the driver sits. Starting my third attempt today.
 Any advice? I'm using a woodcarving knife & sandpaper.

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #6,782 of 8,992
  Hey there-
  Just for the sake of it, here are the cups for my senngrado set. Black walnut again. They have been sitting around for a week & will likely sit around for another– the reason being the trouble I'm having with making an adapter ring to fit the cup on the left. You can see the imperfection of the inside cut I made around the spot where the driver sits. Starting my third attempt today.
 Any advice? I'm using a woodcarving knife & sandpaper.

NICE!

I sanded the notch off of the Px100 driver housing instead of making one on my wood adapter....if you know what I mean?

Nov 25, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #6,783 of 8,992
Originally Posted by 7keys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

NICE!

I sanded the notch off of the Px100 driver housing instead of making one on my wood adapter....if you know what I mean?

Thanks, yes I thought about doing the same, but I like having the notch there for orientation. Sort of a "this side up" type of reminder. Otherwise I think I would accidentally lose track of where I'm sanding / shaving. Still, the most focused three+ hours I've spent at anything in awhile.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #6,785 of 8,992
  Some cups I've been working on

Nice...I made some Black Limba this week:

Nothing crazy this time. Made for Grado headbands, made to look like a scaled down GS1000

Nov 25, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #6,787 of 8,992
Interesting color scheme. 

*chuckle* yes...the chunk of Limba I have been working through had a crazy dark streak running through it. This pair has had the most marked contrast (the streak entirely missed one cup and almost swallowed the other).

Nov 26, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #6,788 of 8,992
*chuckle* yes...the chunk of Limba I have been working through had a crazy dark streak running through it. This pair has had the most marked contrast (the streak entirely missed one cup and almost swallowed the other).

Ah i bloody hate that when that happens.you get all excited about a lovely bit of wood with some lovely markings
And then yes as you say it just disappears and gets all swallowed up grrrrrr

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #6,789 of 8,992
What glue do you use to glue driver to cups? My SR100 needs to be repaired (those are with HP drivers so no sending to Grado), but the hot glue I have seems not as good as original one (Live in EU).
Thanks for help.

Nov 27, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #6,790 of 8,992
What glue do you use to glue driver to cups? My SR100 needs to be repaired (those are with HP drivers so no sending to Grado), but the hot glue I have seems not as good as original one (Live in EU).
Thanks for help.

Try some "Bostic Blu-Tack". It's an adhesive reusable putty.

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #6,792 of 8,992
Question to Grados Sr 60/80 owners/modders. Would it be possible to cut/shave the inside of the driver section to accept a 53mm driver ?

Dec 2, 2015 at 8:38 AM Post #6,794 of 8,992
Since the stock drivers are 40mm, I doubt it.

You can't really judge it like that. I got a 30mm headset that I've been able to stuff a 53mm driver in. I also have a friend who was able to put a 70mm driver into a 50mm headphone. It all comes down to the extra room around the driver. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #6,795 of 8,992
You can't really judge it like that. I got a 30mm headset that I've been able to stuff a 53mm driver in. I also have a friend who was able to put a 70mm driver into a 50mm headphone. It all comes down to the extra room around the driver. 

True, but there isn't much extra room around the Grado drivers. The cup walls are thin enough that modifying them to be any thinner wouldn't really work. You might be able to do it with wood cups, or be able to turn your own cups to fit the Grado headband; but I doubt modifying the stock rings would be doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back