post your grado mods....
Nov 3, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #6,706 of 8,988
  Never got the appeal of wood floors, either. I would like the sound (possibly, I've haven't heard a pair yet) of the wood cups, but without the look.
<ducks head, and runs for cover>

...@7keys you know...I have heard of people like this. A long time ago someone told me about another one...not sure what happened to him though....its mind-bending. Not only do they not like wood, they sometimes buy headphones simply to listen to them. No modding at all. The concept is awe-inspiring for me. Not sure I fully understand it, but it's a crazy world, so who am I to judge...
evil_smiley.gif

We should usher the brother in from the cold and see if we can help him. He's clearly wandered a long distance and at best deserves a little shelter and nourishment.

*aside in a stage whisper* @7keys I'll knock him over, you grab his headphones. He's weak right now and confused....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #6,707 of 8,988

Wait!...............................................What?

...@7keys you know...I have heard of people like this. A long time ago someone told me about another one...not sure what happened to him though....its mind-bending. Not only do they not like wood, they sometimes buy headphones simply to listen to them. No modding at all. The concept is awe-inspiring for me. Not sure I fully understand it, but it's a crazy world, so who am I to judge...
evil_smiley.gif

We should usher the brother in from the cold and see if we can help him. He's clearly wandered a long distance and at best deserves a little shelter and nourishment.

*aside in a stage whisper* @7keys I'll knock him over, you grab his headphones. He's weak right now and confused....
very_evil_smiley.gif

its like this
have you ever taken a walk through the woods and enjoying the wonder of nature
(i live in new england we have lots of woods and forests and junk)
and had the feeling that someone oughta  tear this down and build a mall or something....]

i still like ole mrtrev's list mod for the x3
just look at this ... birdseye freakin maple dude
cmom'

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #6,708 of 8,988

Wait!...............................................What?

evil_smiley.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif

its like this
and had the feeling that someone oughta  tear this down and build a mall or something....]

cmom'

I think I just stumbled onto the answer today; I was waiting in line at the store to buy some condoms… when I just happened to look over at the magazine rack............ this National Enquirer headline popped into view.....….thirty percent of Americans are Aliens from other planets………….and don’t even know it

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #6,709 of 8,988

its like this

cmom'

Surround by forests myself. Lousy trees
wink_face.gif

The maple's not too bad, a relatively subtle grain, but imagine those babies in candy black cherry!

@7keys I may not be alien, but I am Canadian
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #6,710 of 8,988
  I think I just stumbled onto the answer today; I was waiting in line at the store to buy some condoms… when I just happened to look over at the magazine rack............ this National Enquirer headline popped into view.....….thirty percent of Americans are Aliens from other planets………….and don’t even know it

Whoa! That explains why my green card has an alien number on it...if I don't know I am alien, someone in the US government does 
redface.gif

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #6,711 of 8,988
Hello again- has anybody installed RCA female ends in their wood cups? I'm going to give it a try , but I have no Idea how I should secure them so they won't rattle around or come loose over time– I'll probably be removing the cable(s) often. Is hot glue the answer? or some type of foam or silicon tape?

Nov 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #6,712 of 8,988
Fellow guitarists, there is a use for our used guitar strings :)

Couldn't find appropriate sieves or strainers anywhere in town, so here we go^. Obviously not finished, its going to take a while, and I think the final grille will have far too large holes but oh well, it looks cool. Can always add more wire later.

Nov 8, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #6,714 of 8,988
vented cup, 1 piece.. 

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #6,718 of 8,988
Screw the guitar strings... I'll just get the proper stuff. This stainless steel mesh on eBay looks like the stuff.

The mesh on the SR225e looks to be 10 mesh count based on the pictures, unfortunately I think Grado use thicker wire meaning smaller holes which I can't find so that #10 mesh in the link will have to do. I'll post pics if anyone would like if they're interested in the same item.

Nov 8, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #6,719 of 8,988
  Screw the guitar strings... I'll just get the proper stuff. This stainless steel mesh on eBay looks like the stuff.

The mesh on the SR225e looks to be 10 mesh count based on the pictures, unfortunately I think Grado use thicker wire meaning smaller holes which I can't find so that #10 mesh in the link will have to do. I'll post pics if anyone would like if they're interested in the same item.

...you could also just hit a dollar store and get a metal mesh pencil cup. That's what I do. Great mesh...just perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back