post your grado mods....
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #6,601 of 8,988
  Comfy............but............how's the sound?

Well, the pleathers are more treble forward than the velours I was using. The velours were sounding pretty good (the venting on the adapters was done for the velour), bit lower bass extension, tamed the highs a tad. Overall kinda warmed up the sig. The pleathers kinda undo some of that, but I haven't had that much time to listen to them yet.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #6,602 of 8,988

Oh? Pads that open up the grados even more than the original grado pads? I have about 4 different pairs of grado pads and I always went back to the original. The best mod/earpads I've tried were the original L cush with tape mod. Of course it ended up similar to your results, more open and soundstage loss.

Can you do a scotch tape mod on the original grado pads and compare them to your $6 aliexpress pads?

@Nec3  Will do. Ive ordered g cush too, so will do the the tape mod on all the pads and let you know. The 6$ pads are not comfortable at all. I hate them.Reversing the pads was better but still uncomfortable for me. Still using comfies. 

Felt'ed the insides of the sr60e. Sounds much better now. But i still find myself going back for my sr80e. Why???

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #6,603 of 8,988
hai there... long time no see ..  this my new DIY gamja labs , Alloy Gimbal rounded.. 

and this my new mod.. change the stock magnet with after market magnet.. 

the difrent is , more detil more wide soundstage.. i try on grado sr80i driver at the magnet plate i'm forget to make 2 hole 
biggrin.gif

next i'll buy magnet with higher gausse.. 

Sep 23, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #6,604 of 8,988
  hai there... long time no see ..  this my new DIY gamja labs , Alloy Gimbal rounded.. 

the difrent is , more detil more wide soundstage.. i try on grado sr80i driver at the magnet plate i'm forget to make 2 hole 
biggrin.gif

NICELY DONE!

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #6,605 of 8,988

biggrin.gif

nice gimbals ! 
i would like to try these magnets!

Sep 23, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #6,606 of 8,988
Sep 23, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #6,607 of 8,988

biggrin.gif

Changing magnets, wow that's commitment. Don't you need to worry about alignment/clearance issues with the voice coil?

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #6,608 of 8,988
Changing magnets, wow that's commitment. Don't you need to worry about alignment/clearance issues with the voice coil?

I made diy tools for centered the magnet,plate and clearence .

So my driver still balance and no worry about the voice coile.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #6,609 of 8,988
I made diy tools for centered the magnet,plate and clearence .

So my driver still balance and no worry about the voice coile.

well done.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #6,610 of 8,988
Detachable cable on grado sr80e

Sep 24, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #6,612 of 8,988
This is the one change I wish Grado would add to their headphones. We wouldn't have to worry about the cable twisting, and replacing/upgrading cables would be easy as well. The only thing you'd have to worry about is the plugs loosening over time.

You are right.

I don't believe the female socket inside will remain functional.

I will try with mini xlr

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #6,614 of 8,988
All blacks grado!

With detachable cable...

Talking about all blacks, are you guys following the rugby world cup?

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #6,615 of 8,988
I need to look for black wooden cups

Users who are viewing this thread

Back