post your grado mods....
May 6, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #4,936 of 8,988
I have a lovely pair of 225is with a cable I made up and I really do love these phones.they come second to my hf2s at the moment .they don't have that acreemish sound of the 80s or the 325is .
I'm very pleasently surprised with the 60i grado in vibro cups though,very warm and detailed and not all thumpy and muddy.ive placed the drivers in the cups with out foam which leaves three gaps ,weather that releases some of the muddy sound who knows but it definitely makes the headphones sound a few notches up

May 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #4,937 of 8,988
Here is a pic of the vibro cups with the cut outs,could some one please advise me weather these are the turbulant mk 2 cups as I do know they did do a design for a mk2 but as far as I know never went in to main production

May 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #4,938 of 8,988
Here is a pic of the vibro cups with the cut outs,could some one please advise me weather these are the turbulant mk 2 cups as I do know they did do a design for a mk2 but as far as I know never went in to main production

It is indeed the MkII...it has the spaces around the edge of the driver. All I know is all the adverts mentioned soundstage. Not sure if they do actually give better soundstage. Would be interesting to know though :).

May 6, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #4,939 of 8,988
It definitely makes the sound stage for superior than the original grados.they were def on to something there but what happened tom them,nothing was said.perhaps milling them on a cnc milling machine was to,difficult .i would def say make them out of denser wood and you wood find them less lightly to break up in the cnc machine.
I've got some mk4 drivers which I think I'll swap over and see what they sound.if anything is to go by they should sound out of this world

May 6, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #4,941 of 8,988
  Has anyone tried these yet? Grado big bowls for $20. I plan to order a set pretty soon.
http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Zonk-Replacement-Headphone-Cushion/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

i bought their knockoff l-cush pads. work pretty well. let us know how these are...looking for some alternative pads for my sr225 woodies...

May 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #4,942 of 8,988
Has anyone tried these yet? Grado big bowls for $20. I plan to order a set pretty soon.
http://www.amazon.com/Ear-Zonk-Replacement-Headphone-Cushion/dp/B00BW4RWH2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

i bought their knockoff l-cush pads. work pretty well. let us know how these are...looking for some alternative pads for my sr225 woodies...

They are ok at best... The both sets of earzonk g cushions I have fall apart/flake. They are a very different foam.

May 8, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #4,944 of 8,988
....and not available in canada.
frown.gif

Your only 45 minutes from Ogdensburg NY State :)

May 9, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #4,945 of 8,988
Actually, I'm 5 hours from the Maine border. But it might as well be another planet when it comes to shipping. I've wanted to try a set of g Cush for a while but just can't get em in canada ( ear zonk anyway). Genuine GRADO are almost $ 100 after shipping

May 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #4,946 of 8,988
Actually, I'm 5 hours from the Maine border. But it might as well be another planet when it comes to shipping. I've wanted to try a set of g Cush for a while but just can't get em in canada ( ear zonk anyway). Genuine GRADO are almost $ 100 after shipping

Ahh sorry. I saw your location said Kanata and assumed it was Kanata - Ottawa.

Darren

May 11, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #4,948 of 8,988

I have them.
Comfortable but as you can see in the pic, (and mentioned by kvtaco17) they're starting to flake a bit.

Also, does anyone have an extra headband assembly? I can't find mine.

May 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #4,949 of 8,988
Any of you Grado modding gents got a set of stock plastic cups left over you'd be willing to sell?

I'm really after a set of 225i cups, but would consider other models.

They need to be undamaged and in excellent condition.

Send me a PM if you have anything you think I might be interested in ...

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back