post your grado mods....
Jan 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #4,606 of 8,992

Could I still solder new cable onto the driver or is it too late ... On soldering, which side is ground and which side is channel ...

there is no specific side for GND. the main point is that you connect the ground of your headphone cable on the same side on both drivers so that the membrane of the drivers moves in the same direction when driven with the same signal.

Jan 25, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #4,608 of 8,992
I can't get the ear zonk GRADO G' s in canada, and I really want to try them badly, especially with the tape mod. What are your impressions ? It seems to vary wildly across the board. The obvious increase in comfort aside. What are your impressions? Furthermore, if you find them not to your liking I would be more than happy to take them off your hands, and compensate you well!!

I like them. They kind of mellow out the "in your face" sound a bit. Maybe slightly "warmer" would be a better description.
I would be willing to purchase an extra set and ship them to you if you cover the purchase price+shipping. If it's worth it after whatever shipping costs to you then let me know. I'm assuming shipping shouldn't be too much since these are small.

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #4,610 of 8,992
Got a visit from Jim this evening...a pair of Cocos, a pair of mahogany RS1 clones and a pair of mahogany sleeves...

Next up a pair of closed back Paduaks, with the inner chambers flared like the outside walls. Going to pop some KSC75 drivers in them and use a Sony MDR7502 headband and pads.

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #4,612 of 8,992

The Cocos got a coat of wax and a polish, only on the outside. The sleeves and the RS1 clones were oiled, inside and out with his "special mix". He cackled a little after he said special mix, so I thought it best not to ask for details :D

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #4,619 of 8,992
Grado Modders:

For those of who who've tried using differently-shaped cups with the same drivers, can you comment on how the sound changes with cup shape or size?

I'm particularly interested in any experiences with cups shaped like the the GS1000's vs those of the RS line.

Thanks,
Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back