post your grado mods....
Jan 20, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #4,592 of 8,992
I'm not positive, but if the tabs are facing you, the left is the signal, and the right is the ground.

EDIT: I'm wrong :frowning2:

Jan 20, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #4,594 of 8,992

I'm not positive, but if the tabs are facing you, the left is the signal, and the right is the ground.

I think that's backwards...

Aw
frown.gif

Jan 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #4,596 of 8,992
Haven't seen much posted about the EarZonk replacement pads. I've always been hesitant about getting the Grado G pads because of what I consider a ridiculous price for some foam. I bought the EarZonk G pads for $15 from Amazon. Coming from the Grado L pads, these are so much more comfortable.

Jan 20, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #4,600 of 8,992
@Kopral21, Its should be made using very hard wood. How about Borneo Iron Wood
biggrin.gif

hahahaha

hahaha.. right now my borneo iron wood already out of stock . sent to me please hahahaha. or boerneo stripes ebony.. i think that wood se
xy to waxaxaxa

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #4,602 of 8,992
No responses? I was kind of curious myself...would be fun to at least hear if anyone has replaced the plastic sleeves with wooden ones...

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #4,603 of 8,992
  Any gentlemen who've woodied their 325s care to comment on how the sound is affected? 

I had a pair of 325is that I woodied using some Vibro Classic cups (so fully liberated but with a 1mm layer of foam tape around the edge of the driver so to hold it snugly in the wooden cup)

I can't say I noticed a massive difference in sound really! It's difficult to tell as I didn't have a stock set of 325is for direct comparison (although I did have my MS1is) I *think* the sound was slightly smoother overall, but nothing revelatory.

The one significant difference was to the sound stage, which was definitely improved. However, I think this was due to the fact that the driver, when seated in the cup,  was recessed by amount 2mm compared with the stock cups, so were positioned slightly further from my ears. (This also improved comfort as the face of the drivers no longer touched my ears ... )  I suspect this is all specific to the Vibro cups though, so probably of little use (unless you plan to buy some ... )

Jan 23, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #4,604 of 8,992
I can't get the ear zonk GRADO G' s in canada, and I really want to try them badly, especially with the tape mod. What are your impressions ? It seems to vary wildly across the board. The obvious increase in comfort aside. What are your impressions? Furthermore, if you find them not to your liking I would be more than happy to take them off your hands, and compensate you well!!

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #4,605 of 8,992
I can't get the ear zonk GRADO G' s in canada, and I really want to try them badly, especially with the tape mod. What are your impressions ? It seems to vary wildly across the board. The obvious increase in comfort aside. What are your impressions? Furthermore, if you find them not to your liking I would be more than happy to take them off your hands, and compensate you well!!

It's true, but you can get the grado g's up here...unfortunately the are also double the price of the ear zonk :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back