post your grado mods....
Oct 4, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #931 of 8,992
i forgot to mention i spent $30 on bowls too.

haha dt880 sells for $550 AUD, K702 for $599AUD, and the HD6x0 >600 and thats because of the stupid sennheiser distributer.

might have to order some from overseas next time...so really...if i get a SQ improvement comparable to one of those (highly unlikely) then i've saved money.... =D

have 2 more mods 2 do then i'll save for better headphones =D
MS-1000, half way there, Jumbos on the way, distancers about to be made, and i'm really keen on wooden cups.

how do ur ms1000's compare to ur dt880 btw?

P.S. should i create the team...TEAM I MODDED HEADPHONES FOR MORE THAN THEY'RE WORTH ? =D i'm sure there will be more than just me.

Oct 4, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #932 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They do have very different strengths.

DT880: Better comfort, more deep bass, colder mids, more "bling-bling" highs, more precise soundstaging.

MS1000: More emotion and tiptoeing, better bass slam, more natural mids, wider soundstage, handles more genres.

Oct 4, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #934 of 8,992
Quote:

Small Terra Cotta Pot

who wants to make these into ear cups =D

Lol? where do you get these ideas
bigsmile_face.gif

I think they would be too heavy and not very durable.

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #935 of 8,992
durability isn't really an issue since im sure the majority of head-fiers baby their headphones =D
it's heaps better then my granite idea (pretty sure granite is heaps denser haha.
i was also thinking of clear vaccuum formed plastic...this one's probably the easiest of the lot since they have this in the workshop at uni =D
I HAVE LOTS OF IDEAS =D

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #936 of 8,992
Quote:

i forgot to mention i spent $30 on bowls too.

haha dt880 sells for $550 AUD, K702 for $599AUD, and the HD6x0 >600 and thats because of the stupid sennheiser distributer.

might have to order some from overseas next time...so really...if i get a SQ improvement comparable to one of those (highly unlikely) then i've saved money.... =D

have 2 more mods 2 do then i'll save for better headphones =D
MS-1000, half way there, Jumbos on the way, distancers about to be made, and i'm really keen on wooden cups.

P.S. should i create the team...TEAM I MODDED HEADPHONES FOR MORE THAN THEY'RE WORTH ? =D i'm sure there will be more than just me.

If you are after buying new than yes.. you saved money, lol.
tongue.gif

How do they compare. I like both but I listen to my DT880s more often. They sound warmer, go much lower and the top end is full of energy. I don't find the mids to be cold at all.
The MS1000 has more tip-toeing energy. The soundstage is bigger and the mids indeed are less colored. I like the DT880s mids presentation better fwiw. I have to disagree with nickchen in the "handles more genres" department though. My DT880s handles more genres. It can do rock, metal, pop, classical and even hip-hop. I find the MS1000 lacking the warmer Beyer sound which is vital for some hip-hop. OTOH, in some cases hiphop sounds better with the Alessandros because of their more airy sound.

The two compliment each other pretty well. They have different presentations with the Beyer being slower and deeper and more relaxed. The Alessandros don't hit as deep as the Beyers but will get your toe tapping.
wink.gif
So IMO: the Beyer is for slower and the Alessandro for the faster stuff.

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #940 of 8,992
...sorry 'bout the crappy photo quality...

Here's my woodied SR60's. Had to do it all by hand, with a jigsaw and LOTS AND LOTS of sanding. The mesh used to belong to a little room heater, and the headband used to be my little brother's football

They sure sound nice though!

GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg

2GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

Oct 10, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #941 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohlite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOTS AND LOTS of sanding

I know, thew last 10% are a real pain in the ass.
tongue.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #943 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by voltraizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that means more time listening to and enjoying da music my friend!
34pb804.gif

thanks!
2z6y3r7.gif

thanks sir.....
btw, my HF2 F1 can just arrived!
2usbx35.gif

F1 added to my steel cans:
fy2wxe.gif

gradometals.jpg

Those metal cups on the right are BEAUTIFUL. :]

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #945 of 8,992
A Cocobolo/Linden woody with 3 layers of resin lacquering I built for a fellow headfier (he wanted it meshless, as he has mesh of his own he intends to install)

_P1010078.jpg

That thing was a real pig. Cocobolo seems to have enzyms that interfere with the resin, consequently it refused to dry. I had to get rid of the 1st resin layer by means of thinning and leave it untouched for almost half a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back