post your grado mods....
Jun 19, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #6,376 of 8,992
Used @7keys Walnut/African Padouk cups, Noble Audio glow in the dark cables, J$ headband from a previous headfier, Turbulent X V5 drivers and stock gimbals.

As much as I love the Grado sound, I feel as if the headphones could do with more with the upper mids. Any suggestions?

Jun 20, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #6,378 of 8,992
  Used @7keys Walnut/African Padouk cups, Noble Audio glow in the dark cables, J$ headband from a previous headfier, Turbulent X V5 drivers and stock gimbals.

As much as I love the Grado sound, I feel as if the headphones could do with more with the upper mids. Any suggestions?

holy schiit! haha, nice picture with the glow in the dark cable! 

to get the Grado sound, you need grado drivers my friend! the magnums just didn't do it for me! 
wink_face.gif

BTW, I like how you turn the rod blocks inside out and went stealth on those!
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #6,379 of 8,992
  holy schiit! haha, nice picture with the glow in the dark cable! 

to get the Grado sound, you need grado drivers my friend! the magnums just didn't do it for me! 
wink_face.gif

BTW, I like how you turn the rod blocks inside out and went stealth on those!
beerchug.gif

Darn I knew something was off! The only reason I have the magnums is because I blew my SR225 drivers and the magnums were the only ones available on the market. I think the magnums have more detail, but detail isn't why I bought Grado in the first place :frowning2:

I actually turned them inside out because my crown is shaped oddly where the front is flat, but good to know they look nice :D

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #6,384 of 8,992
Can I hear some opinions on putting wood cups on a sr325e compared to the sound of a stock rs2e? Sonic differences? Maybe magnum X or senngrado woodies instead?

I've had a pair of woodied 325s for a while. Not a huge change, but certainly a positive change in the bass as well as a slightly larger soundstage. 

Honestly, the kind of wood you choose will affect this outcome quite a bit.

Jun 20, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #6,385 of 8,992
Honestly, the kind of wood you choose will affect this outcome quite a bit.

Thanks for the reply, JoeDoe! And that's what Ive gathered from the different threads. So I guess my refined question is... Do you know if the drivers of the 325e different than that of the rs2e? Maybe the rs2e drivers are just matched better? Basically I am thinking about buying a rs2e, but if modding can reproduce the same or better quality, I'd rather enjoy the project. But sound quality is key for me.

Jun 20, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #6,386 of 8,992
...did a little work in the garage today....this is a pair of MS1i drivers in Goncalo Alves...first time working this wood, and I really, really liked it. It finishes nicely too...

Jun 20, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #6,389 of 8,992
 Those are nice, I like the black stripe.

Is that a pono back there?

'Tis indeed a Pono...well spotted. I am really liking it. Bad battery life compared to my X5, but sounds fantastic.

Jun 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #6,390 of 8,992

Users who are viewing this thread

Back