post your grado mods....
Jun 10, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #136 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HF1 headband modified using Kontai69's method ...

mk3a.jpg

Wow, really wonderful job , I think I know what I'm going to do this summer if I don't upgrade to a RS1 !

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #137 of 8,987
I just got some SR-60's and am interested in quarter modding them. I was told that Radio Shack carries cheap pads (around $5) that will fit. Does anyone know if this is true and if so, what the part number is? The biggest pads I found at the local store didn't look like they would fit.

Jun 14, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #138 of 8,987
Can anyone help me out on this query?

I was trying to do the mod last night (puting in a 3.5m mono or stereo plug) but before i do it i actually took a DDM to measure the continuity and realised that there is actually continuity from the ground channel(on the drivers) to the right/left section of the headphone jack.

Is this normal? or is there a leak?
I also found out that the section on the drivers there is continuity between the 2 solder points.

Can someone help me out on this.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #145 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by heatmizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the wires attached to the driver? If yes ,left to ground 32 ohm ,right to ground 32 ohm, left to right 64 ohms.

Mine got a slighlt variation, 34 and 33 and i got 67 in total, i guess there is nothing i can do about it.

I am thinking of doing the adaptor on one side, but was wondering if the longer wire going to the right driver, would it have any impact on the SQ.

Jun 21, 2007 at 11:09 PM Post #147 of 8,987
How comfortable are those modded HD414 pads?

I really liked the bowl pads best, but they seriously hurt my ears. I'm currently using the "comfies" and although they don't sound nearly as good to me, they're wearable.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #148 of 8,987
i find the bowl pads better sonically as well, but they hurt the ears after prolong wearing.

The pads are ok i and i would think that they are better then the comfies, I do not have the comifes. but if i have to choose i would still prefer the bowls, unless of cos when i am working on the com and not really concentrating on the music.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #149 of 8,987
is it worth recabling sr-60's with cardas or is that just a huge waste of money?

also for the hd414 pad mod...you cut out all the recessed foam in the middle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back