post your grado mods....
Oct 10, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #121 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short
...with something better (i.e. Senns) count as a Mod? [Ducks] OK, OK, I'll go quietly, I guess that answers my question...[backs away slowly, then runs]

Laz

No, no; Come back! Don't run!!

No problem! Adding Senns to "Complement" Grados is an excellent idea!!
600smile.gif

Oct 10, 2006 at 4:43 AM Post #122 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
had this in another thread, might as well post it here too.

gradomodmod.jpg

modinside3.jpg

modified the plastic grill, made the cable detachable, and a DIY cable made specifically for my detachable jacks
smily_headphones1.gif

I have been interested in doing a mod like this for a while. Can anyone give me some assitance with it?

Feb 20, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #125 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by skev13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any tips on how people got the cups apart? I tried all 3 methods, didn't even budge!

I used a hairdryer for ~5 minutes, then pulled until I had blisters. Worked for me
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #130 of 8,987
I received a replacement pair of PX100 pads today, to replace my worn out, yellowed old pair. So I took my old pair, and after a bit of stretching, got them to fit over my MS-1's drivers. Then I put the bowls on over them, and ... yes! No more driver chafe!! The bowls are actually wearable now!! And still sound really good (though probably a little bit less detailed with the drivers covered in thin foam). Highly recommended for anyone else who's been having this problem. Just go to Radio Shack and get some cheapo thin pads, throw them on under the bowls, and boom: good sound and comfort.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #131 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received a replacement pair of PX100 pads today... got them to fit over my MS-1's drivers. Then I put the bowls on over them, and ... yes! No more driver chafe!! The bowls are actually wearable now!!

Do you have any pics? The bowls don't hurt my ears anymore, but if I need I've been using the "sock mod" at the HeadWize project page (http://www.headwize.com/projects/sho...=grado_prj.htm)

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #132 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by umcloud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
o I took my old pair, and after a bit of stretching, got them to fit over my MS-1's drivers. Then I put the bowls on over them,

hahaha, i did the opposite
i put bowls on my px100
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #135 of 8,987
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
from the top to the bottom

beyer headband
liberators with dampening
bowls

That's just wicked!
biggrin.gif