Post pics of your builds....
May 23, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #8,596 of 9,811

I always go with Par-Metal.

I looked into that company once, but when I made a inquiry on an order they didn't respond. After waiting for over a month and multiple email sent, I went for a different company instead.
I went with THL Audio, and they make some beautiful cases. Slightly more expensive than Par-metal, but the shipping costs (to Europe, at least) were lower.

May 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #8,597 of 9,811
Quote:

I always go with Par-Metal.

Quote:
I looked into that company once, but when I made a inquiry on an order they didn't respond. After waiting for over a month and multiple email sent, I went for a different company instead.
I went with THL Audio, and they make some beautiful cases. Slightly more expensive than Par-metal, but the shipping costs (to Europe, at least) were lower.

Thanks guys, I'll check both of those places out. I'm impressed by what I briefly saw.

May 25, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #8,598 of 9,811
Quote:

Thanks guys, I'll check both of those places out. I'm impressed by what I briefly saw.

Just don't use Par-Metal's custom sizes.  If you order from the Amplifier case series (Series 20 I believe) you will get a response from them.  I've done 3-4 orders from them with no hiccups.  I highly recommend paying for anodizing but I'll leave that up to you.

Non-anodized cases of medium to large size (12 - 16" width) are roughly $50, and with anodizing it jumps to I think $70ish.  Don't quote me on that though.

May 27, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #8,601 of 9,811
How about a CanAmp clone prototype for you? 
biggrin.gif

First tests... Had some weird hum. Fixed that with some capacitors...

Put everything together tidily..and finished.

LFF "felt the FA-003’s had particular synergy with the Heed CanAmp." That's the main reason I built this amp. It's dead silent and sounds amazing. Better than the internal amp of Yulong D-100.

I read this whole thread in a month..

May 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #8,604 of 9,811
It looks like a vintage knob, something salvaged from a dead stereo.

I tried to look for technical information on this build but couldn't find anything. Is there a web page somewhere with at least a schematic? I am principally interested in the power supply.

May 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #8,606 of 9,811
May 29, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #8,610 of 9,811
Quote:

Just don't use Par-Metal's custom sizes.  If you order from the Amplifier case series (Series 20 I believe) you will get a response from them.  I've done 3-4 orders from them with no hiccups.  I highly recommend paying for anodizing but I'll leave that up to you.

Non-anodized cases of medium to large size (12 - 16" width) are roughly $50, and with anodizing it jumps to I think $70ish.  Don't quote me on that though.

Cool, thanks man. I ordered a Par-Metal amplifier case in black, and my Bijou kit and GrubDac kit are shipping. I should have pics up soon. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back