Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 20, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #14,971 of 37,638

I made a post in the Layla/Angie that I probably won't be giving my thoughts based on a 10-20 min listen at a show. It's not really a controlled environment so I'm rather cautious about sharing initial impressions under such conditions. Hope you understand. I am hoping that I'm able to borrow a pair of demos where I can listen at home for a short while.

I thought JH Audio made IEMs, not headphones 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #14,973 of 37,638
  I have been amazed and maybe a little jealous looking over the portable rigs in this thread. Thought for fun i would post one of my "portable" projects Its a little banged up from quite a bit of outside use. runs off rechargeable 12volt lithium battery.

That's scary, but honestly one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #14,976 of 37,638

Here it is. iPod classic 7th gen with jds labs C5. Er4S (S adaptor). When the battery in the c5 dies I just unplug the er4P from the er4S adaptor an into the ipod itself, usually the last ten minutes or so of a journey. Really happy with this. I know there can be upgrades all around, but I really dig this setup. I am, however, having trouble with my fiio L9. Do these things just wear out over time? It is cutting out too easily. After testing, I'm positive it is the stress on the L9 that easily cuts out most of the sound. Obviously a replacement is in order, but is an LOD cable upgrade worth it? Based on this experience, I am curious.

This setup is my relatively new companion. Hopefully for a few years until someone comes up with a DAP brick with a neutral sound signature, great dac(s), clean sounding and powerful amplification, long battery life, logical software, and all the goodies and a fair price. Would love to see jds labs take a crack at it.

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #14,977 of 37,638
  I have been amazed and maybe a little jealous looking over the portable rigs in this thread. Thought for fun i would post one of my "portable" projects Its a little banged up from quite a bit of outside use. runs off rechargeable 12volt lithium battery.

i'm like...wait a minute...what the
i think a have most of the parts to make one of those
is that one o' them lepai triode amps

that is cool

Dec 20, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #14,978 of 37,638
  i'm like...wait a minute...what the
i think a have most of the parts to make one of those
is that one o' them lepai triode amps

that is cool

Thanks.
yep its a lepai found for sometimes around 20 bucks, some b52 speakers i already had from parts express. the hard part was finding some small 12 volt rechargeable Lithium batteries that would fit. A camera mount and bracket that would hold my sansa clip up to my 7 inch tablet.

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #14,981 of 37,638
Ok so its not portable lol, Its my transportable rig thats currently my main/recliner side listening/vaping/chilling station....

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #14,982 of 37,638
Tralucent 1+2/ Wagnus Bootsy1 Progress cable
Clas Solo Tactical Edition
Vorzuge Duo
iPhone 5
Wagnus Voskhod mini

Tera Player
JH Audio Layla
Vorzuge Duo
Wagnus Voskhod mini

Tera Player
JH Audio Angie
Vorzuge Duo
Wagnus Voskhod mini

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #14,983 of 37,638
I found a neat little USB -> microUSB adapter that'll shorten my iPhone to Aurender Flow connection :-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back