Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #14,821 of 37,707
I forgot to say that i am a grado big fans :D
H7yO02.jpg

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #14,822 of 37,707
Dec 2, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #14,824 of 37,707
I have all those in the picture (+ gs1000e and ps1000e) except rs1e and mspro e. I had em with me for a week. And ended up to return it. I love the previous "i" series. And to me the "e" series are somewhat better. Not much. But i noticed they have a slightly better body in sound. Treble also a slightly less aggresive but still nicely airy and exciting. And this was my main reason not liking the rs1e and mspro e. Treble cut down a bit too much for my taste (less airier compared to the other e series). Upper mids somehow needs a little body to it to make it more firm and clear when voicing. And with the added bass..the mids is somehow a little suffering from clarity and sound image achievement. IMO, TREBLE is a Grado's blood vein. Very crucial in achieving best imaging performance (ps1000e is best in this regards - by no mean excessive treble or sibilant like that) and to me..rs1e/mspro-e suffers from it (speaking of grado's original famous signature). Some people i believe they might like it the new tonality of the RS1e/mspro-e. But i had a weird experience with both mspro-e and rs1e, in the same album..with the same singer..sometimes they sounded so well. But sometimes lose many details. Vocal suffer from clarity (like veiled)..instruments suffer also in creating a good ambience and they all sounded a bit dull..guitar strings/cymbals/piano doesnt sound like they should be. And i tot my unit are false. Until i read on "grado e series" thread abd found someone experienced similar like me.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #14,825 of 37,707
I have all those in the picture (+ gs1000e and ps1000e) except rs1e and mspro e. I had em with me for a week. And ended up to return it. I love the previous "i" series. And to me the "e" series are somewhat better. Not much. But i noticed they have a slightly better body in sound. Treble also a slightly less aggresive but still nicely airy and exciting. And this was my main reason not liking the rs1e and mspro e. Treble cut down a bit too much for my taste (less airier compared to the other e series). Upper mids somehow needs a little body to it to make it more firm and clear when voicing. And with the added bass..the mids is somehow a little suffering from clarity and sound image achievement. IMO, TREBLE is a Grado's blood vein. Very crucial in achieving best imaging performance (ps1000e is best in this regards - by no mean excessive treble or sibilant like that) and to me..rs1e/mspro-e suffers from it (speaking of grado's original famous signature). Some people i believe they might like it the new tonality of the RS1e/mspro-e. But i had a weird experience with both mspro-e and rs1e, in the same album..with the same singer..sometimes they sounded so well. But sometimes lose many details. Vocal suffer from clarity (like veiled)..instruments suffer also in creating a good ambience and they all sounded a bit dull..guitar strings/cymbals/piano doesnt sound like they should be. And i tot my unit are false. Until i read on "grado e series" thread abd found someone experienced similar like me.

Ah that is a nice collection!

I have only heard sr80 I think it was, so I have no idea how the upper line sounds like. But it sounds promising!
Which pair your favourite?

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #14,826 of 37,707

Tried the grado PS500e at the ISSE.

Amazeballs. And I thought my brushes with the SR series was impressive enough.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #14,827 of 37,707
  Ah that is a nice collection!

I have only heard sr80 I think it was, so I have no idea how the upper line sounds like. But it sounds promising!
Which pair your favourite?

Tried the grado PS500e at the ISSE.

Amazeballs. And I thought my brushes with the SR series was impressive enough.

I love all Grado cans. But if i have to pick let say 2 of them only, i think is no doubt, the gs1000e and ps1000e. The base signature are the same compared to a lower models of Grado, but these two i think are at different level. Not bcos of their price are higher , but its ability to create a room-feel and ambience inside head, when we able to picture every part in the music a lot cleaner and everything is more precise and more neat in the presentation. For example when i listen to vocal or violin or cello, not only they sounded so amazingly accurate and real, but also able to drag me there "in the room" with the musician. I have experienced with some other TOTL cans before, but nothing as stunning as these two  (based on my taste and all gears that i had/have to drive them). 

between the ps500e and 325e, personally i prefer the 325e. The 325e's treble can be a slightly more sharper/aggressive compared to ps500e if not properly driven (or in my case, i use EQ from my AK devices to control them 
biggrin.gif
). The ps500e might be a tad smoother in tonality, warmer, and more bass (and maybe a very slightly better in resolution/texture too, but barely noticeable). But 325e, to me, is still more accurate to my ears, and actually, i prefer the mids on 325e compared to ps500e. The mids-body on 325e is firmer and better bodied when properly driven or EQed. The ps500e is more relaxing..easy going genres, and the 325e is more exciting, more rocking, and also can be a little more "hi-fi" then the ps500e with a proper setup and the right songs.

Dec 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #14,830 of 37,707
  and btw...loving grado that much, it does not stop me of being a bass lover actually, i am enjoying KORN and LORDE album with this combo right now - good bass 
ksc75smile.gif

I love that amp so. Sadly, I'm trading them for a MrSpeakers Alpha Dog.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #14,831 of 37,707
somebody said portable? 

Strange news from another star:

Shozy Alien + Harmony 8 on Piccolino crystal.....and just WAV and FLAC.....what (the hell) else?

Dec 3, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #14,832 of 37,707
My SR125i's arrived today,
Not a huge upgrade but I've so far only heard the SR60, SR60i, iGrado & iGrado MKII ( E series )
Due to Crimbo my upgrade budget is all but gone so I jumped on these to see what the differences are as you move up the chain, They only cost me £60 with the extension and step down cable all included so I can't complain lol.

iPod 5.5g vid Rockbox'd.
Topping NX1.
Silver leopard LOD.
Grado SR125i

Dec 3, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #14,833 of 37,707

Users who are viewing this thread

Back