Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 5, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #9,336 of 37,695
  Literally just got my CLAS in the mail + a free ALO Copper digital USB From seller :D. Very, very excited!

Sennheiser Momentums > C&C BH2 > Stock mini to mini > SOLO original > ALO Copper Digital USB > ipod classic 120gb.

Did you get the Solo on the FS forums? I'm looking for something to up my portable game! 

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #9,337 of 37,695

Did you get the Solo on the FS forums? I'm looking for something to up my portable game! 

I did not, I actually happened upon it on Amazon. There was a used one for 300 (didn't realize it came with the ALO cable) and I just jumped at the opportunity. Good luck hunting, its a fantastic piece of technology :)

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #9,339 of 37,695
  Sean, How is the Donguri?  I love my sui...

Thanks

This is very brief impressions. I normally prefer to spend much more time with a pair of earphones before forming a more solid thought. At initial impressions, the Donguri seems more "tonally balanced" than the Sui to my ears. To me the Sui does seem more on the darkish side (or maybe dark isn't the right word?). The Donguri extends the upper mids and trebles nicely. Soundstage of the Donguri is also quite wide for a pair of small IEMs. If there's any nitpicking it probably doesn't have the resolution I'm accustomed to and the weight for me make it a little difficult to walk around with - but sitting down listening is naturally fine. Of the Ocharaku range, I think the Donguri may top my list.

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #9,340 of 37,695

This is very brief impressions. I normally prefer to spend much more time with a pair of earphones before forming a more solid thought. At initial impressions, the Donguri seems more "tonally balanced" than the Sui to my ears. To me the Sui does seem more on the darkish side (or maybe dark isn't the right word?). The Donguri extends the upper mids and trebles nicely. Soundstage of the Donguri is also quite wide for a pair of small IEMs. If there's any nitpicking it probably doesn't have the resolution I'm accustomed to and the weight for me make it a little difficult to walk around with - but sitting down listening is naturally fine. Of the Ocharaku range, I think the Donguri may top my list.

Wow, even Kaede? 

Jan 5, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #9,341 of 37,695
I'm not sure where I read Grado headphones cannot do EDM genres very well, I seem to be loving it? Possibly because of their labeled lacking low end. Seems fine to me. Isolation though is near 0%, I can hear traffic and all sorts of things (indoors) I must admit being a fan of brighter signatures I've fallen in love with the Grado sound, and soon, maybe in the not to distant future this pair of SR80i will be replaced by SR325. 

i love my sr325is man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back