Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #3,542 of 37,685
Not really a "portable" set-up but rather ... "transportable"  !  
font]

Connected by an Optical Cable, I paired a (RW)AK100 with a "battery operated" Tubed DAC/AMP Bellina PRO from RedWine Audio (I ordered the Bellina Pro inside the "old" case because I did not like too much the woody case)

And I has my TH900 rewired Balanced to take full advantage of the balanced output of the amp. Plus I got a tube upgrade to 
the MiniWatt Dario E188CC.

First impressions are very good and I could notice a real improvement in background silence when I use the DAC/AMP operated on Battery.

And since the battery is really convenient to carry the system from room to room, or even outside... I  made a case to carry the Bellina + power 
Supply
ir

+ headphone + my RWAK100 used as source.

Looks great set up
I haven't heard red wine audio amp

Apr 22, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #3,543 of 37,685
Quote:
My ultrasone collection : ed 8 ruthenium , sig pro and sig DJ

Source : Hisound studio v 3rd edition
Amp : Jl audio Japan BAB III JE

You will have some great hours on the road with those headphones! I heard the Signature Pro for the first time last weekend at a meet and their signature suits me very well. The Edition 8 is on the contrary not my cup of tea. The Bang & Olufsen handset will probably live for another 10 years 
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,547 of 37,685
You will have some great hours on the road with those headphones! I heard the Signature Pro for the first time last weekend at a meet and their signature suits me very well. The Edition 8 is on the contrary not my cup of tea. The Bang & Olufsen handset will probably live for another 10 years 
wink.gif

Thank you rasmushorn
I bring every day only 1 set of my headphone and 1 or 2 sets iem .
I change every day with another headphone , if not i feel so boring :D

You are right , these two sig pro and sig DJ are very easy to drive headphone
For ed 8 ruthenium I must bring match / synergy set up , that can make my ed 8 shine very good

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #3,549 of 37,685
Quote:
This is my best rig to date. Nothing to add.

You might wanna try out some ASG-2's for that baby, those Tralucent Audio IEM's just don't cut it in my opinion with the Tera

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #3,550 of 37,685
Quote:
This is my best rig to date. Nothing to add.

You spent so much and they couldn't even afford to put labels on the button :p!? Heh...very nice setup.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #3,552 of 37,685
Quote:
You might wanna try out some ASG-2's for that baby, those Tralucent Audio IEM's just don't cut it in my opinion with the Tera

Well that is interesting. I say that I love them with the Tera, and you say it is not good...let's agree to disagree. What "does not cut it" in you opinion? Do you own the 1Plus2 ?

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3,553 of 37,685
Quote:
Well that is interesting. I say that I love them with the Tera, and you say it is not good...let's agree to disagree. What "does not cut it" in you opinion? Do you own the 1Plus2 ?

Got a short time with them at the Head-Fi meet up. Not long enough that I care to talk in detail about it. I just put them in my ear for a minute, tried a few tracks and instantly went back to my AS-2's and enjoyed it better. It's a matter of preference for most people but if you get a chance to listen to the ASG-2's definitely give them a try, no reason not to.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #3,555 of 37,685
Quote:
Wow. Rude much?

Didn't mean to be rude, just had a great experience listening to stuff this weekend at the Head-Fi meet up. That dynamic driver in there seems like a bit of overkill considering it can probably get great bass response while handling the mids as well (at least)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back