Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,557 of 37,658
Quote:
Got a short time with them at the Head-Fi meet up. Not long enough that I care to talk in detail about it. I just put them in my ear for a minute, tried a few tracks and instantly went back to my AS-2's and enjoyed it better. It's a matter of preference for most people but if you get a chance to listen to the ASG-2's definitely give them a try, no reason not to.

I am going to be quite curt, but people like you just drive me crazy. You own ONLY Aurisonics in terms of high end iems (and there are so few returns on them at this that they still cannot be qualified as such). Plus you have proved to be totally not objective at all when it comes to Aurisonics.

If you have not listened long enough to talk in detail, then JUST DON'T. The 1plus2 are very sensitive to tips / fit and have a very particular sound signature, so listening for a  A MINUTE does not qualify to give an opinion on such iems.

I own / have listened EXTENSIVELY to 6 top iems / ciems and I consider the pairing with the Tera great, among the best I have listened to. You are entitled to your opinion, IF IT IS BASED ON A RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.

It is crazy that on headfi we still have to explain this sort of thing.

As a side note, I am interested in the ASG2 and will try / buy them, but people like you really make me hope I will hate them.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #3,558 of 37,658
popcorn.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #3,559 of 37,658
Quote:
I am going to be quite curt, but people like you just drive me crazy. You own ONLY Aurisonics in terms of high end iems (and there are so few returns on them at this that they still cannot be qualified as such). Plus you have proved to be totally not objective at all when it comes to Aurisonics.

If you have not listened long enough to talk in detail, then JUST DON'T. The 1plus2 are very sensitive to tips / fit and have a very particular sound signature, so listening for a  A MINUTE does not qualify to give an opinion on such iems.

I own / have listened EXTENSIVELY to 6 top iems / ciems and I consider the pairing with the Tera great, among the best I have listened to. You are entitled to your opinion, IF IT IS BASED ON A RELEVANT EXPERIENCE.

It is crazy that on headfi we still have to explain this sort of thing.

As a side note, I am interested in the ASG2 and will try / buy them, but people like you really make me hope I will hate them.

Yea, sorry. Keep on the watch then, more and more posts these days of people getting their ASG-2's or AS-2's. Should be some reviews soon if they're coming at all. 

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #3,561 of 37,658
Quote:
I will rely on my ears but thanks.

I look forward to hearing what you think then. Obviously yur opinion will be more founded in experience than mine. I wasn't aware that the fit can greatly effect the sound of the tralucent IEM's. I was fairly confident in the seal for the short time but I'll be sure to give them a bit more time and patience next time I get a chance to listen to them

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #3,562 of 37,658
Quote:
I look forward to hearing what you think then. Obviously yur opinion will be more founded in experience than mine. I wasn't aware that the fit can greatly effect the sound of the tralucent IEM's. I was fairly confident in the seal for the short time but I'll be sure to give them a bit more time and patience next time I get a chance to listen to them

Ok no problem.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #3,563 of 37,658
Mimouille....i've been eyeing tera for quite sometimes. What keep me wondering though...how do you pick/play a certain song in that player? (no screen?) Does it has function to do so? Or we can only follow the list tracks? How do find your self using tera regards on this case? Does it annoys you somehow? Btw...everytime i see picture of tera makes me think that size might be the most excellent portable ever made..and yours looks gorgeous !

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #3,564 of 37,658
Quote:
Not really a "portable" set-up but rather ... "transportable"  !  
font]

Connected by an Optical Cable, I paired a (RW)AK100 with a "battery operated" Tubed DAC/AMP Bellina PRO from RedWine Audio (I ordered the Bellina Pro inside the "old" case because I did not like too much the woody case)

And I has my TH900 rewired Balanced to take full advantage of the balanced output of the amp. Plus I got a tube upgrade to the MiniWatt Dario E188CC.

First impressions are very good and I could notice a real improvement in background silence when I use the DAC/AMP operated on Battery.

And since the battery is really convenient to carry the system from room to room, or even outside... I  made a case to carry the Bellina + power Supply + headphone + my RWAK100 used as source.

my dream headphone. looks so good.

Apr 23, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #3,565 of 37,658
Quote:
Mimouille....i've been eyeing tera for quite sometimes. What keep me wondering though...how do you pick/play a certain song in that player? (no screen?) Does it has function to do so? Or we can only follow the list tracks? How do find your self using tera regards on this case? Does it annoys you somehow? Btw...everytime i see picture of tera makes me think that size might be the most excellent portable ever made..and yours looks gorgeous !

You have to organize your files. You should check the Tera site, they explain navigation, and then PM me.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #3,570 of 37,658

Waiting to get my UMx8 back......i'd say the asg are good, but from there to say they're the best i wouldn't say! I miss the precision of my customs!

Users who are viewing this thread

• tpal
Back