Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Apr 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #3,526 of 37,685
Blimey.

Care to walk us through that lot?  I get the ipod (classic I suppose?) fostex Hpp1 but the rest?

Cheers

Apr 21, 2013 at 5:52 AM Post #3,528 of 37,685
Quote:
During comparison of my rigs...came across my mind that i wish i just can grab this bundle all together and put it into my jean pocket...so when i am on the go, i don't have to worry of what kind of song i play to get the perfect sound....i call this a bundle of joy 
size]

Me too!

Apr 21, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #3,529 of 37,685

Source : Hisound studio V 3rd edition
Amp : JL Audio BAB III JE
headphone : ultra Sone Signature DJ
Cable : Ventura craft mini to mini audiophile edition
Oyaide ULS after market cable
Sound Quality : excellent , very sweet sounding , that's good for long listening
Never hat fatigue to my ear after 3 hours listening , very detail and clean
And clear .with low listening volume sound so good .

Apr 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #3,530 of 37,685
Quote:
During comparison of my rigs...came across my mind that i wish i just can grab this bundle all together and put it into my jean pocket...so when i am on the go, i don't have to worry of what kind of song i play to get the perfect sound....i call this a bundle of joy 
size]

You must have a really big pocket on those jeans!  
eek.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #3,531 of 37,685
Apr 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #3,532 of 37,685
Quote:

Source : Hisound studio V 3rd edition
Amp : JL Audio BAB III JE
headphone : ultra Sone Signature DJ
Cable : Ventura craft mini to mini audiophile edition
Oyaide ULS after market cable
Sound Quality : excellent , very sweet sounding , that's good for long listening
Never hat fatigue to my ear after 3 hours listening , very detail and clean
And clear .with low listening volume sound so good .

That is one huge Mini2mini

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #3,533 of 37,685
Apr 21, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #3,534 of 37,685
Apr 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #3,537 of 37,685
Didn't upgrade anything on my rig, but I had to replace the Clip+ because it died after only 2 weeks of use :frowning2:  Tried pretty much everything I could to fix it, but I ended up just buying a new one, which I finally got today.  

Also, in the hopes of opening peoples' ears to better sound, I recently bought my girlfriend a Clip+ and a pair of Westone UM1's, which she thought was expensive (good joke for us head-fiers huh?).  I talked to her later and all she could say was "wow, I didn't know music sounded like that", I felt pretty good about the gift I gave her.  Also, since I upgraded to Westone 4, I had a pair of UM1's myself that were never getting used.  Passed those on to a coworker for her birthday.  She said "Well, I just bought a pair of 30 dollar headphones, I don't know if yours will sound as good".  Her reaction?  Speechless haha!

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #3,539 of 37,685
Not really a "portable" set-up but rather ... "transportable"  !  
font]

Connected by an Optical Cable, I paired a (RW)AK100 with a "battery operated" Tubed DAC/AMP Bellina PRO from RedWine Audio (I ordered the Bellina Pro inside the "old" case because I did not like too much the woody case)

And I has my TH900 rewired Balanced to take full advantage of the balanced output of the amp. Plus I got a tube upgrade to the MiniWatt Dario E188CC.

First impressions are very good and I could notice a real improvement in background silence when I use the DAC/AMP operated on Battery.

And since the battery is really convenient to carry the system from room to room, or even outside... I  made a case to carry the Bellina + power Supply + headphone + my RWAK100 used as source.

Apr 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #3,540 of 37,685

I meant in my country :)
I used to have the LISA III and it sounded great. I think from my memory that the AHA-120 gives me the same listening pleasure. I need to do a comparison one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back