Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 16, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #4,561 of 7,509

Quote:
I bought some of that 3M stuff a few weeks ago. It creates too much of a gap, IMO. 

well, there is a low profile 3M dual lock - the gaps is like 2mm. 

@AnakChan  Dude, that's an awesome rig - I'm dying to try the dx100 with either the merlin or the miracle.

Apr 16, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #4,565 of 7,509
Maybe... I have 5 right now, but I just find that other things take up my time and I forget that I have a Vita sitting there with 4 out of 5 games that still need to be beaten.... O'well.

Quote:
Need more games to come out?

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #4,566 of 7,509
@kova4a, cheers! I think the DX100 pairs well with the Merlins. Don't have the Miracles but I should be getting my SE530x8 from re-tuning soon.

Quote:
mmm....makes me excited about my AS-1b's coming. I'm highly considering getting the DX100.....it's so tempting but as mainly a portable music listener, and the AS-1b's along with other IEMs are my main output gear. Might be a bit of a waste to spend so much just to use it with things that don't require much power.

EDIT: How do you like that cable? Which one is it?

It's actually the iPhone Beat Audio cables. Works well enough with the DX100. To me the DX100 isn't only about power. It tends to drive most IEMs and cans well (there are a few exceptions though). I like it 'cos the SQ is simply awesome - almost desktop-standards in a pocketable device. UI though is clunky, not as intuitive as, say, the iPhone/Touch.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #4,568 of 7,509
Here's what I'm using recently. I'm really happy with how the walkman sounds, I prefer it over my Clip+ and ipods. it has great detail and perfect bass response for my tastes. I picked it up on ebay for $13.60 

.8GB Sony Walkman.

.Monster Turbines.

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #4,569 of 7,509
Well I am actually looking for another one to buy....really for just one or two games.  Lumines is brilliant (loved the first 2 on PSP...and will probably keep the PSP just for those games since those games will never go on PSN for Vita due to licensing issues)...  Little Big Planet and maybe FIFA.

It's actually a really cool piece of hardware--but I wouldn't recommend it for most except for maybe the hardcore gamer on the go.  Even if decent games come to it--they'll lose their replayability quickly as a opposed to the quick/short burst android or iphone games to which the mobile gaming scene has shifted towards. 

The Vita is doing horribly for sales...it's been out for 5 months or so in Japan, where handhelds are most popular.  There is serious worry about whether or not it will continue being supported by third party developers.  PSP is even selling better by a lot, and 3DS is killing both.   At this pace, they're definitely gonna have a price drop by Christmas, and inevitably a redesign in the future.  I have experienced cramping due to the form factor as have many others (people buy grip attachments--haha)..  The PSP is sooo much better feeling in the hands. 

They sell for cheap on craigslist too--these never even sold out in the US...  kinda sad. 

I might get a new one with 32gb memory card for around 220.  Really good deal considering the memory card alone is priced between 80-100. 
Quote:
Quote:

How you liking your Vita?
*Edit: How did you like your Vita?

Apr 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #4,573 of 7,509
I hope a price drop and an influx of games start moving many more units.  I always thought the PSP was great, but lack of games killed it for me.  I think the Vita is truly awesome piece of hardware, but games are what's going to kill it.  The games I have so far, are awesome graphic wise.  Definitely does not make me want for playing on console when I'm playing the Vita. Uncharted looked and played great, Unit 13 looks fantastic and plays great!  I can definitely see a Call of Duty or better yet Battlefield coming out for it (with grip of course) could help push sales tremendously as graphically it doesn't seem to give up a lot to the consoles.  Here's to hoping Sony can do something with this they haven't done with their other portables.  I've tried the Nintendo portables, and besides the original Gameboy and Gameboy Advanced SP... I didn't care much for them... too kid oriented (like their consoles).

Quote:
It's actually a really cool piece of hardware--but I wouldn't recommend it for most except for maybe the hardcore gamer on the go.  Even if decent games come to it--they'll lose their replayability quickly as a opposed to the quick/short burst android or iphone games to which the mobile gaming scene has shifted towards.

Apr 17, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #4,574 of 7,509

Quote:
Where'd you get your TF10 re-shelled, and do you like them better now?

InEarz.com 
InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread

Yes, I definitely like them better now, comfort is MUCH better. I haven't compared them to my stock TF10 that I also have, but I know they should sound about the same which is great
smile.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #4,575 of 7,509
Upgraded from my old shures :)

TF.10's with Chris_Himself Silver Cables but I had to change the connector because they got ruined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back