Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #4,546 of 7,509
He hasnt responded, so obviously it must sound amazing that he's not on the forums

Quote:
Looks thin sounding to me...
For the price though...I personally would have gone for the LCD3 and a dark star.
Thanks for the laugh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #4,547 of 7,509

Quote:
What brand of headphones is that? and are those 40mm drivers?

I believe they are 0.08636mm's, the eco friendly versions.

Quote:
Minimalist!
confused.gif

No sir, that would entail only the headphones and iPhone, don't you see the AMP :3

Quote:
Looks thin sounding to me...
For the price though...I personally would have gone for the LCD3 and a dark star.
Thanks for the laugh.
smily_headphones1.gif

Your Welcome :D

Apr 16, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #4,549 of 7,509

The Wolfson DAC on the PSP and Vita make for a super clean sounding music player :D  Just needs a little amping.  Vita has really bad interface/software for music as of right now.  (I bought and sold one and was prompted soley due to the wolfson after having such a good experience with Nexus S (galaxy S + voodoo sound)--otherwise I would have waited longer).  The PSP isn't bad at all and can be had for super cheap.  Haven't 3M dual locked this, but I will.

If I get a Galaxy Tab, I'll probably 3M dual lock the back...thinking about doing it for the back of the screen of my netbook...    Just did the iPod today.  Kinda want the low profile Dual Lock now, but this isn't bad

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #4,552 of 7,509
Took this with my iPhone whilst at Starbucks 'cos I was bored. My UM Merlin's and DX100...my new portable setup for lossless music these days :-

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #4,554 of 7,509
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #4,555 of 7,509

Quote:
Sweet mother of Christ. That is one beautiful set up, i trust it sounds as good as it looks?

Very similar to my reaction. I think I'll just punch myself in the genitalia until I black out so I can actually sleep.

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #4,557 of 7,509

Quote:
Makes me sad with my Clip+ and my TF10s ;_____;

It's all in the ear of the beholder, marko. I'm not unhappy with what I have, but it does make me drool and slobber when somebody posts a portable setup like that. That being said, I have a J3 on the way and I'm trying to find a set of customs to reshell - if I'm not content with that setup once I have it, then I'll know I have a problem. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #4,558 of 7,509

Quote:
It's all in the ear of the beholder, marko. I'm not unhappy with what I have, but it does make me drool and slobber when somebody posts a portable setup like that. That being said, I have a J3 on the way and I'm trying to find a set of customs to reshell - if I'm not content with that setup once I have it, then I'll know I have a problem. 

You should look at getting a pair of Triple Fi 10s shelled by someone like 1964 Ears...Once I get some cash scraped together and I get completely tired of my new Grados I might be going down that garden path :). Am making a determined effort to try and avoid going absolutely bat**** and forgetting how nice my setup is at the moment :)...

As a side note, a lot of folks are posting pics of the DX100, good to see it getting so much love...not that I will be dropping $700 on a DAP anytime soon...hooray for parenthood :D.

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #4,559 of 7,509
mmm....makes me excited about my AS-1b's coming. I'm highly considering getting the DX100.....it's so tempting but as mainly a portable music listener, and the AS-1b's along with other IEMs are my main output gear. Might be a bit of a waste to spend so much just to use it with things that don't require much power.

EDIT: How do you like that cable? Which one is it?
Quote:
Took this with my iPhone whilst at Starbucks 'cos I was bored. My UM Merlin's and DX100...my new portable setup for lossless music these days :-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back