Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Apr 17, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4,592 of 7,509

Quote:

The new setup with just DX100 and my personal pair of custom UM earphones. 
Sound is awesome, and easy to deal with without all the bondage mess.

The galaxy tab is a nice phone/tablet, but the sound isn't comparable to the DX100 for obvious reasons.  

Is there anything special you've had done to your headphones? I imagine you could have them tweaked any way you like...or are they ones that anybody could buy off of your site? 

Apr 17, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #4,593 of 7,509
The O2 is said to reveal the likes of 3k amps. It's not your typical portable. 

A desktop version is actually being worked on for release pretty soon. I'll be getting one of those.

Quote:
Nice...the form factor looks a tad awkward, but I listen mostly at my desk, so that isn't a huge deal...and the price is extremely attractive considering the prices of the TTVJ Slim, the Pico Slim and the Headstage Arrow...I don't mind carrying a little extra weight for half the price if the performance matches them...any idea if this is the case?

Quote:
Like it? I love it! It has a upfront presentation, very, very, very transparent, air tight bass response, superb details, sharp and defined instrument separation. Basically, this amp lets the source's DAC sing.

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #4,594 of 7,509

The galaxy tab is a nice phone/tablet, but the sound isn't comparable to the DX100 for obvious reasons.  

Well I would hope so for such a price difference....but have you rooted your galaxy tab and put voodoo sound on it? If ou haven't experienced wolfson dac on a galaxy phone or tab + voodoo sound...I highhhhly recommend it. Ive never heard something like the dx100 but to me it's hard for me to imagine anything being much better... I do have the best iPod, however, (5.5gen) and think there is only a very slight to no difference in quality.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #4,595 of 7,509

Well I would hope so for such a price difference....but have you rooted your galaxy tab and put voodoo sound on it? If ou haven't experienced wolfson dac on a galaxy phone or tab + voodoo sound...I highhhhly recommend it. Ive never heard something like the dx100 but to me it's hard for me to imagine anything being much better... I do have the best iPod, however, (5.5gen) and think there is only a very slight to no difference in quality.

I have several 5G ipods rockboxed as well as the DX100 and IMHO the DX100 mops the floor of the iPod 5 and 5.5.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #4,596 of 7,509
Just talked with Dale at Aurisonics about my Customs, and with another Head-Fi member about a portable amp. Pictures of my sexy new setup coming in a week or two. So excited, taken many ideas about setup from this thread, and can't wait to be able to enjoy my decisions/purchases

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #4,599 of 7,509
@funch, what a stack :D. Yes I remember seeing something like this (was it ex-googeli's?). Nice how it's balanced all the way through too.

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #4,600 of 7,509
Now for the picture where you hold the top part, and all the rubber bands hold your brick nice and snug.......
Quote:
Just took delivery of an iBasso DB2 and added it to my stack. So, here's the 'full stack'.....

That's quite the setup man, How does it sound? Is it worth it?

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #4,603 of 7,509

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have several 5G ipods rockboxed as well as the DX100 and IMHO the DX100 mops the floor of the iPod 5 and 5.5.

would you say this is the case for non-FLAC files?  192/256/320kbps files too? 

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #4,604 of 7,509
I have a 5.5G, and I thought the iPod 4G Touch sounded better.... but neither sounds better than my Walkman Z.

Quote:

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #4,605 of 7,509

Quote:
I have a 5.5G, and I thought the iPod 4G Touch sounded better.... but neither sounds better than my Walkman Z.

Quote:

hmm... http://macintoshhowto.com/itunes/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html seems to correlate with my findings so far.  Do you know which DAC the ipod touch 4G uses?  

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to the Wolfson DAC...at least in my experience it has yet to fail at impressing me.  PSP/Vita/iPod 5.5g/and I've tried about 5 different models of samsung Galaxy S phones (all rooted + Voodoo sound control)....plus all the rave reviews I've read about Cowon players (which use the Wolfson).   I've read reviews saying that Walkman Z isn't the greatest in SQ--or maybe that was the X series...    Does the walkman Z have line out?   Have you listened to your ipod5.5g using line out?  What do you define as "better"?      Just curious :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back