Orthodynamic Roundup
Jun 19, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #23,281 of 27,139
Just in case it's not clear what those are, they're SFI dirvers encased in plastic (not the usual aluminium)

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #23,282 of 27,139
  Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.

By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #23,283 of 27,139
  By the way, what's your impressions about B&O U70? :)

I sent them to HK so I haven't got them yet (I arrive tomorrow). Also, they're padless so I basically have to either transplant them or make new pads.

Jun 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #23,287 of 27,139
  yes that pads not original

My bad I didn't see the pads in BMF's picture at first, mine are still rocking the originals in need of refoamed insides, or might use some square Creative headset pads instead, Creative makes some of the most comfortable pads ever if they can be found separate.

Jun 22, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #23,289 of 27,139
  Do they have a highly skilled driver designer that used to work for Эхо or so? ^^

As far as I know, designer has no relation to any of soviet orthos, but Izophones sound much better than HE-500 anyway — cleaner, faster sound without upper-mids spike and solid bass texture. Mids and highs almost as good, as in SR-407. They going to make aluminium body, so I suppose that final sound should be even better, because plastic cups of HE-500 is crap that making sound worse. I had achieved surprising results when sealed cups of HE-400 with butyl rubber.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #23,294 of 27,139
  Who wants to join T30 club?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:
  Stop. Stop posting links to or even talking about stuff that's in an active eBay listing. Its a gigantic middle finger to anyone who may be eyeballing the auction.

Just so you know, we prefer to not mention active ebay listings in this thread for obvious reasons, this said it's just an OEM ATH-2 this time
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back