Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #1,700 of 5,414
They're just right, perfect for me.

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,701 of 5,414
^

Really nice pic and gear.

A really good idea getting a lava lamp rather than tubes. :D

Thx! Lava lamps are mandatory with HiFis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can say that again!

Dude...you need a headphone TREE!

You might be onto something with that lava lamp/headphone stand combo though! It would kill two birds with one stone!

Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I need more water but it seems like a good idea!
:)
:wink:
Hmm oops!
I think I should have got a sealed one!
Liquid & electronics gear make sparks!
Ok Scratch that.lol
That's not a true lava lamp that's a fish tank type..

Sep 13, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #1,702 of 5,414
After a few month with my HA-1 I'am a very disappointed.
It's again the Volume control, wich seems to be the weak point on this amp.
The laggy remote control performance and the +/- jumping db-levels at the 12 o' clock position are an annoying fact
but a result of the "high-precision" analog volume control, I've been told here.

But now, I have (suprisingly at the same knob position) a crackling sound at knob rotation.
It disappears after moving the knob back an forth a few times but after some time it is back again,
sometimes it takes one or two days.
The crackling is hearable with and without music playing. Headphone (Audeze) is connected balanced.

I am totally excited.... I spend lots of money (Germany) for this device wich is designed for one key-feature:
Pure, clean sound -  and it crackles!

So what to do ? RMA? - waiting weeks and getting it back with "No faults found"?
I am
confused.gif
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #1,703 of 5,414
The laggy remote control performance and the +/- jumping db-levels at the 12 o' clock position are an annoying fact
but a result of the "high-precision" analog volume control, I've been told here.

But now, I have (suprisingly at the same knob position) a crackling sound at knob rotation.
It disappears after moving the knob back an forth a few times but after some time it is back again,
The crackling is hearable with and without music playing. Headphone (Audeze) is connected balanced.

I am totally excited.... I spend lots of money (Germany) for this device wich is designed for one key-feature:

So what to do ? RMA? - waiting weeks and getting it back with "No faults found"?
I am :confused: :frowning2:
ooooh, this really puts me off... Please keep us informed regarding this issue!

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #1,705 of 5,414
Sep 14, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #1,708 of 5,414

I am :confused: :frowning2:

That's a shame, after a week of heavy use, I'm almost about to buy one. Then again, 90% of my usage was using the knob in the traditional way.

Sounds like a dirty pot to me...

Sep 14, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,710 of 5,414

I am
confused.gif
frown.gif

I would at least get in touch with Oppo. I had problems with my first HA-1; we went back and forth a few times and they sent me a new unit and I just had to send back the old one. All was well thereafter. Don't know if it's more complicated in Germany? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back