Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 27, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #2,461 of 6,459

Very first cable ever produced back in 2010 ( 8-wire, square braid) 22awg copper occ per each wire

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #2,463 of 6,459
Nice, I guess that's the classical Draug?

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #2,465 of 6,459

PM being sent, will run a search.
edit:  nevermind, reply was sent today before I saw your post

edit edit:  still catching up on emails today from holiday

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #2,466 of 6,459
Anyone got the Draug v2c yet?
just would like to know how it sounds.
thanks

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #2,467 of 6,459
Anyone got the Draug v2c yet?
just would like to know how it sounds.
thanks

I think that I already posted that I received mine. It is my favorite Norne cable now. Wonderfully balanced sound and the ergonomics are improved. It's more flexible/user friendly. While the original Draug 2 may have a slight edge on true sub bass, I would say that the 2c has a slight edge in everything else. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,468 of 6,459

I think that I already posted that I received mine. It is my favorite Norne cable now. Wonderfully balanced sound and the ergonomics are improved. It's more flexible/user friendly. While the original Draug 2 may have a slight edge on true sub bass, I would say that the 2c has a slight edge in everything else. 

hmm, I am still a bit undecided what would be better on Sennheiser HD800, more bass, or more improvement in ergonomics and tonal balance and everything else.. guess I will stick to the Draug v2, have seen many euphoric comments on that one...
I have only an amplifiert HDVD800, it does not allow me to amplify bass or use as a hardware equalizer in any way... :/

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #2,470 of 6,459
  hmm, I am still a bit undecided what would be better on Sennheiser HD800, more bass, or more improvement in ergonomics and tonal balance and everything else.. guess I will stick to the Draug v2, have seen many euphoric comments on that one...
I have only an amplifiert HDVD800, it does not allow me to amplify bass or use as a hardware equalizer in any way... :/

My fav cable for my hd 800 (after trying the silvergarde (kept it) and draug 2) is the arcane.

It's rich on the bottom end but great level if detail. Punchy and detailed right across the full spectrum. including dealing with that upper mid dip that the hd800 can have

It's great with my woo wa2 but perhaps if your gear with the hd800 has a top end that you're trying to subdue or avoid then this cable potentially might not quite work.

Just my 2cents and very much YMMV

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #2,471 of 6,459
@MattTCG
Thanks. I am waiting for my v2c.
I hope I would enjoy it like you do.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #2,472 of 6,459
Hi guys
Has anyone tried this cable Silvergarde ? I want to buy it but i don't know how that is good for me .
Use for Andromeda iem .

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #2,473 of 6,459

@MattTCG

What would you say the major differences are between the Draug v2c and Mrspeakers DUM cable?

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #2,475 of 6,459
Hi guys
Has anyone tried this cable Silvergarde ? I want to buy it but i don't know how that is good for me .
Use for Andromeda iem .

Yes I have. I use it with my MH335DW and boy, it truly brings the best out of the 335. I previously used the Therium and I thought it'd be hard to surpass Therium's sound quality but I was wrong. Listening to chesky's binaural+ recordings, Silvergarde sounds so much more natural and smoother, bass impact tighten even more, mids are more lush and forward, while the treble extends exponentially. There's definitely more air present, improving soundstage (a bit wider). It's the closest thing to what I describe as an analog sound from a class A tube amp. It's really amazing what Trevor has done. Kudos to him!

I don't know whether it would have the same impact with Andromeda, but I think the overall character improvement would be similar any other IEMs. Go ahead and pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back