Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 28, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #2,476 of 6,461
Yes I have. I use it with my MH335DW and boy, it truly brings the best out of the 335. I previously used the Therium and I thought it'd be hard to surpass Therium's sound quality but I was wrong. Listening to chesky's binaural+ recordings, Silvergarde sounds so much more natural and smoother, bass impact tighten even more, mids are more lush and forward, while the treble extends exponentially. There's definitely more air present, improving soundstage (a bit wider). It's the closest thing to what I describe as an analog sound from a class A tube amp. It's really amazing what Trevor has done. Kudos to him!

I don't know whether it would have the same impact with Andromeda, but I think the overall character improvement would be similar any other IEMs. Go ahead and pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed
smily_headphones1.gif

I agree with everything above and had the same experience when switching from my 8 wire Therium to the Silvergarde. The presentation needs to be heard to be appreciated. We're using the same combination with the QP1R and Andromeda, so I feel confident in stating that you will have no regrets in deciding to go with the Silvergarde as your choice. 

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #2,477 of 6,461
I have been intrigued with the silver Draug since I saw it appear on the site as coming soon. That may be a next purchase, depending on when it comes out.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:37 AM Post #2,478 of 6,461
I agree with everything above and had the same experience when switching from my 8 wire Therium to the Silvergarde. The presentation needs to be heard to be appreciated. We're using the same combination with the QP1R and Andromeda, so I feel confident in stating that you will have no regrets in deciding to go with the Silvergarde as your choice. 

I ordered.It took several days to reach

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #2,479 of 6,461
Has anyone be able to contact with Trevor lately (Nov-Dec period)?
I have been chasing him for my order that still have not been ship since 18Nov. Seems that he ignored my emails that I sent to info@norneaudio.com and norneaudio@gmail.com for order chasing and shipment.

I may need to paypal buyer protection this while I can...
are there anyone have the same experience?

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #2,480 of 6,461
Has anyone be able to contact with Trevor lately (Nov-Dec period)?
I have been chasing him for my order that still have not been ship since 18Nov. Seems that he ignored my emails that I sent [COLOR=000000]to [/COLOR]info@norneaudio.com and norneaudio@gmail.com for order chasing and shipment.

I may need to paypal buyer protection this while I can...
are there anyone have the same experience?

Yes I have and no issue at all. He always replied my email in a timely manner. Perhaps you could also try sending him a PM.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #2,482 of 6,461
hm, 1.5 months now passed and I still did not get status update, altough I already mailed with him before Christmas and he assured me there will be done something in the next days... but still nothing.

Do I still have paypal buyers protection? How does that work? Didn't bother with it until now.. :/

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #2,483 of 6,461
Guys, patience. This is similar to last year order surge during the holidays. You will get your cable, I'm waiting as well, give Trevor a little more time.

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #2,484 of 6,461
Give Trevor some time. He will sure get back to you. I know him and can testify that he doesn't let down his customers :wink:
Plus the cables Norne makes are pretty elaborate that require effort and craftmanship. No need to panic :)

Jan 4, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,485 of 6,461
  hm, 1.5 months now passed and I still did not get status update, altough I already mailed with him before Christmas and he assured me there will be done something in the next days... but still nothing.

Do I still have paypal buyers protection? How does that work? Didn't bother with it until now.. :/

Same here been using paypal for years never use this function.
Happen to me both the long wait time, no updates and the assurance email. guess everything have to have their first time.

Guys, patience. This is similar to last year order surge during the holidays. You will get your cable, I'm waiting as well, give Trevor a little more time.

My order went in even before the blackfriday. 

Give Trevor some time. He will sure get back to you. I know him and can testify that he doesn't let down his customers
wink.gif

Plus the cables Norne makes are pretty elaborate that require effort and craftmanship. No need to panic
smily_headphones1.gif

Mine are only plugs and a hypershort adaptor. no cable.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #2,486 of 6,461

Your first post in the forum was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Did you place your order 2 weeks before joining the forum? I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but lets give Trevor the credit he's due. It's not very realistic to expect a Draug 2 to be built in two weeks. Be patient 
smile.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #2,487 of 6,461
I agree. If you don't know, Trevor runs a small operation. It is mostly him that does the work. The Draug 2 is his most time-intensive piece. I waited for about 2-3 months to get one. It is well worth the wait. He is truly a craftsman. It takes time to do it right. Do you want him to rush through making these pieces of art just so you can get them quickly and compromise his attention to detail? If you want fast, seek out amazon or ebay. You want quality, you must wait.It is also doubly busy after the holidays and BF sale.

All I can say is that if you gauge your expectations, you will be rewarded with a fabulous cable. I would sooner sell some headphones off than part with the cables he has made for me. I know this seems like some hype-training, but those who don't own some of his work cannot understand.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #2,489 of 6,461

Tamz, PM sent.

Edit:  Emails and updates have been a bit slower during the holidays and new year, but rest assured all orders
are being worked on.  Occasionally an email or update can get missed due to high volume.  I have been in this business now quite a long time (7 years), so I can only get this far by actually delivering the product in the end.
Anyone can email me to cancel if the wait is too long (should happen same day as read/received), and also if anything is missed I do typically
always compensate in some fashion.  Further there is the 30-day money back policy once you receive it.

Hope everyone has a great new year, and feel free to bump your email in my inbox if you do not get a reply in 24 hours for some reason. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #2,490 of 6,461
  I agree. If you don't know, Trevor runs a small operation. It is mostly him that does the work. The Draug 2 is his most time-intensive piece. I waited for about 2-3 months to get one. It is well worth the wait. He is truly a craftsman. It takes time to do it right. Do you want him to rush through making these pieces of art just so you can get them quickly and compromise his attention to detail? If you want fast, seek out amazon or ebay. You want quality, you must wait.It is also doubly busy after the holidays and BF sale.

All I can say is that if you gauge your expectations, you will be rewarded with a fabulous cable. I would sooner sell some headphones off than part with the cables he has made for me. I know this seems like some hype-training, but those who don't own some of his work cannot understand.

I think that is the issue.  If his cables require his unique abilities to make, then he should probably have some employees who can provide support services so he can build the cables, which he has already charged people for.  I have a few of his cables, one provided free of charge as my order got lost in the cracks.  I like the cables very much, and I really do apreciate Trevor's committment to quality and customer service.  

All that said, I think that either he should raise prices to alter demand to the point he can handle in a punctual way, hire people who can expedite the process so people get their cables in a timely fashion, or take a 50% deposit at the time of the order, and the remainded upon completion of the cable, just prior to shipment.  I'm not a patient person, and I understand that these are semi-bespoke cables and do have to be buit to order given the dizzying array of connectors and lengths that people need/want, but it seems like this is getting out of hand, and perhaps Trevor is undercharging or underhiring....

I am not giving back my cables eithr!  They are very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back