Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #6,451 of 6,459
sweet!! He told me that was a Special Edition with his newest , best litz design and some great quality silver. Bet it sounds great!

Gang gang

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #6,452 of 6,459
Recently took delivery of my new 7' Norne Audio Drausk cable with clear cover--and thanks to Trevor for great communication & customer service!

I recently compared the Drausk (which had been burned in ~25 hours) to my 2M ForzaAudioWorks HCP Noir cable (pictures below...wish there had been some sunlight). Both cables are balanced, with 4-pin XLR on the amp side & mini-XLRs on the headphone side. The amp is the Violectric V281; headphone is a silkwood ZMF Verite Open; music a wide range of blues, R&B, jazz, and classical.

Norne Audio Drausk + VO.jpg

Norne + FAW.jpg

Punchline: These 2 cables sound extremely similar. I’m really hard pressed to call out any sonic differences, no matter how minor. I might hear a slightly wider channel separation on the Drausk, and might hear a touch more smoothness on it. If so (and I’m not even sure), the differences are tiny. I could never tell these apart in a blind listening test...no way.

What these 2 cables have in common are these characteristics:
  • These are quite physically substantial (read “not thin”) multi-strand cables. They look thick and heavy (something I prize in cables, because I'm that kind of shallow)
  • But neither one feels thick & heavy. Quite the contrary: both feel light & supple in the hand, bend very easily, and “drape” wherever/however I want them to
  • Both cables have near-zero microphonics. I can slide them across my pants or shirt and hear nothing as a result
  • They share a refined, luminous sound I associate with fine copper cable designs: clear and shimmery highs that don’t sound piercing or edgy; a rich, wide midrange, full of spacial & sonic detail; and a natural, foundational weight in the entire bass range. Overall it's a rich, refined, musical sound...nothing ever sounds "forced."
You can’t go wrong with either cable. As high end cables go, they’re not crazy expensive (both <$500). The FAW is about 30% cheaper by length--but the Drausk is a little prettier, so we'll call it even.

Purely on the basis of looks/appearance, the Drausk takes the ribbon. It’s a beautiful cable design. The transparent covering shows off all that glittering copper wire. The interweaving of wires is tight, uniform, and very well done.

The HCP Noir has a plain black covering, but it’s also a handsome cable IMO. The interweaving of wires is slightly looser, but there’s nothing wrong with that. It looks great to me, just not quite as movie-star-pretty as the Drausk.

The only criticism I can make of the Drausk is that when you specify no price-added splitter, you actually get no splitter; whereas with the HCP Noir, when you don’t specify a price-added splitter, you get the sturdy black stock splitter. To be honest, this criticism is trivial; I got exactly what I specified w/the Drausk, which was no splitter (can’t complain about that). And the interweaving of the copper wires is so tight & well done that I don’t fear that the L vs R lead will separate further.

Finally, both ForzaAudioWorks & Norne Audio are run by extremely hardworking, dedicated owner/designers. My experience with both was very positive. Wait times can be on the long side, but in the scheme of things, it’s trivial because the cables are so worth the wait.

I can’t recommend both cables highly enough!
I love the look of this clear Drausk and would be interested in getting one for my Abyss 1266. I don't see them listed on the site any longer. Can someone give me a ballpark of what these sell for new?

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #6,453 of 6,459
Silvergarde SC5 17AWG fusion cable. Trevor's cables look and sound fantastic!

Silvergarde SC5.jpg

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #6,455 of 6,459
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #6,457 of 6,459
Apr 23, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #6,458 of 6,459
I love the look of this clear Drausk and would be interested in getting one for my Abyss 1266. I don't see them listed on the site any longer. Can someone give me a ballpark of what these sell for new?
~$250-$350

Apr 23, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #6,459 of 6,459
Silvergarde SC5 17AWG fusion cable. Trevor's cables look and sound fantastic!

Silvergarde SC5.jpg
Oh yeah, Bro. That looks fire. And I know it sounds amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back