Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:42 PM Post #6,421 of 6,459
It's a funny thing. When I took the cable to canjam to demo gears, a few folks were like "dang, can I see that cable" and they would just hold it in their hands and feel its weight, with disbelief in their eyes.
I bet! A conversation starter.

Jan 29, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #6,422 of 6,459
Yes, Trevor’s creations eke out the best in our headphones for sure, and his prices are exceedingly fair for what you get (I include the exceptional customer service and customization in that).
He's hitting a sweet spot in price between quality chifi cables and the overpriced boutique offerings which i won't name. It's a goldilocks zone of "fair", agreed. It's both art and with the way the brain works, i dont even care WHY it sounds better I just feel it does, so it does. Look good, play good. As with everything else in life one's perspective matters in how we perceive things. And the fact that we feel valued and feel like it's a fair price (especially bc dude is clearly a hard worker and not a corner-cutter) MAKES it totally worth it.

Plus, Norne Cable Club is full of cool cats.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 2:31 AM Post #6,423 of 6,459
It's a funny thing. When I took the cable to canjam to demo gears, a few folks were like "dang, can I see that cable" and they would just hold it in their hands and feel its weight, with disbelief in their eyes.
Seriously. Before I got one of these cables, I underestimated how often I touch a cable and how often I swap connections (between headphones and between amps). But it's a component that I pick up, use, and put away multiple times a day. How it feels matters.

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:37 AM Post #6,424 of 6,459
Seriously. Before I got one of these cables, I underestimated how often I touch a cable and how often I swap connections (between headphones and between amps). But it's a component that I pick up, use, and put away multiple times a day. How it feels matters.
Turns out I hold my cables in my hand like a security blanket lol

Jan 30, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #6,425 of 6,459
He's hitting a sweet spot in price between quality chifi cables and the overpriced boutique offerings which i won't name. It's a goldilocks zone of "fair", agreed. It's both art and with the way the brain works, i dont even care WHY it sounds better I just feel it does, so it does. Look good, play good. As with everything else in life one's perspective matters in how we perceive things. And the fact that we feel valued and feel like it's a fair price (especially bc dude is clearly a hard worker and not a corner-cutter) MAKES it totally worth it.

Plus, Norne Cable Club is full of cool cats.
He always tries to offer fair prices, but with the increase in silver Material prices he also had to increase.

His flagship offerings therefore are also well im the multi kilobuck range.

They still best those Boutique offerings in quality tho

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:04 PM Post #6,426 of 6,459
Jan 30, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #6,427 of 6,459
Feb 3, 2024 at 10:53 PM Post #6,428 of 6,459
Im chopping at the bit lmao. Probably another week or two but who knows. Maybe he isnt as busy in the dead ass months of january/feb.

Feb 5, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #6,429 of 6,459
So yesterday I finally received my Vykari v2! I initially wanted to go with a sleeved approach, so that I could visually match my Meze Elite Chameleon, but in the end I decided to go with a clean silver look instead. I did decide on keeping the purple splitter inlay just to subtly match my Elite and give it a bit of colour.

I can only say it looks and feels fantastic, craftsmanship is top notch. I love how it came out, and I'm glad I didn't go sleeved in this case (even knowing how nice Trevors sleeves are). The new(ish) nickel plated ring on the Eidolic connectors also came out very nice, looks quite premium.

20230912_163125.jpg
I happened to have a Draug 3SC lying around to, so snapped a pic for comparison. You can also see Trevor sharpened up his logo design a bit on the inlay, though I'm not sure if this is new since I haven't ordered a flush inlay in a few years (usually picked the raised inlays).
20230912_163305.jpg

As it happens, I needed to pack up my audio equipment for a few days as we need to have some work done, so no comments on sound for now. I was stuck in a meeting at home for quite a while just after getting it, so had plenty of time to take some pictures. I've attached some more in case anyone is interested. Can't have too many cable pics, right?
Bro, Im 99% sure that's your cable on the store front! What a beaut. I love the nickel ring around that XLR.

Attachments

• image_2024-02-05_215808584.png
    image_2024-02-05_215808584.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 6, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #6,430 of 6,459
Bro, Im 99% sure that's your cable on the store front! What a beaut. I love the nickel ring around that XLR.
Thanks! Yeah - I'm quite sure that is mine and I have to say I'm super happy with how all of the details turned out, that nickel ring included. I remember Trevor saying he would take pictures, though when I asked him about it he seemed unsure any of the pictures came out right. Looks like there was at least one!

The first two pictures he has on his splitter and sleeve page also are of cables of mine that were with him for re-termination at the time (or he just finished building one of them I think). Pretty cool.

Also, I think that means I've bought way too many cables...

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #6,431 of 6,459
Thanks! Yeah - I'm quite sure that is mine and I have to say I'm super happy with how all of the details turned out, that nickel ring included. I remember Trevor saying he would take pictures, though when I asked him about it he seemed unsure any of the pictures came out right. Looks like there was at least one!

The first two pictures he has on his splitter and sleeve page also are of cables of mine that were with him for re-termination at the time (or he just finished building one of them I think). Pretty cool.

Also, I think that means I've bought way too many cables...
hahahahahha
yeah, It's both very cool and a red flag to have so many pics on his site LMAO!

Feb 14, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #6,432 of 6,459
New leash for the ZMF Bokeh. Norne Audio Drausk v2 Series.

PXL_20240214_194339460.MP.jpg

Feb 14, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #6,433 of 6,459
Beautiful!
I got mine today too, he must have shipped out a lot. WAIT OVER.
Straight up audio jewelry, and we both got straight up ROPES.
Beautiful combination of pure copper, 50/50 copper silver alloy, and the silver/copper candy cane. Thick ole girl!
norne.jpg
norne3.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #6,434 of 6,459
@Curve That's a stunning Vykari. I thought Vykari was a hybrid cable so will be interested in what you ended up get getting.

I do need a new interconnect. Sorry ...

Looking forward to placing my next order. My Vykari v2 gets a lot of love and is my preferred cable for both my Utopia and LCD-5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back