Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Feb 15, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #6,436 of 6,459
@Curve That's a stunning Vykari. I thought Vykari was a hybrid cable so will be interested in what you ended up get getting.

I do need a new interconnect. Sorry ...

Looking forward to placing my next order. My Vykari v2 gets a lot of love and is my preferred cable for both my Utopia and LCD-5.
So I didnt notice it the first fiddy times i was on the Norne Storefront (lol, just a lil neurotic and OCD'd out), but, there's a small note saying something like "contact me for custom Vykari options like all silver". And, man, do I ever want one. This new rope sated me for now but I'd be lying my ass off to say I'm not almost lusting for that all silver sucker.
That thing is just gorgeous.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #6,437 of 6,459
@Curve That's a stunning Vykari. I thought Vykari was a hybrid cable so will be interested in what you ended up get getting.

I do need a new interconnect. Sorry ...

Looking forward to placing my next order. My Vykari v2 gets a lot of love and is my preferred cable for both my Utopia and LCD-5.
At this point, Trevor's line-up of Vykari cables is a little confusing. He started out with his original Vykari Reference, which was his top-end fusion. He has the 'refreshed' version (or second version...) of that listed on his website now and calls it the Vykari Classic, which is also fusion. Both could be had sleeved or clear.

He then introduced the all-silver, 12-wire version, which he called the Vykari v2 along with the Classic. We talked about a sleeved version of the Vykari v2 as well, but I'm not sure if he actually could without compromises. In the meanwhile, he also did an all copper version called the Vykari Copper Edition.

I had a look at the pictures you posted of yours, but since that is a fusion cable (with the same 12-wire braid as mine) I would think that is the new Vykari Classic - though I wouldn't be surprised if Trevor changed the names as well at some point. Yours is beautiful though. I didn't like the clear look of the original Vykari, just the braid that was a bit... messy? The new 12-wire square braid solves that issue for me.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #6,438 of 6,459
Happy listening folks !
Screenshot_20240217-133136~2.png

Feb 17, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #6,439 of 6,459
Happy listening folks !
Oh, snap, a Vykari171 all silver. That dude looks long AF. What is that, an 8 footer??

IiiiiiiEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #6,441 of 6,459
15ft, Silver Draug !
Holy. Hell.
Damn. Talk about a showcase cable!

I just saw your update profile pic. You got it rolled up like a garden hose LMAO!

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:44 PM Post #6,442 of 6,459
Holy. Hell.
Damn. Talk about a showcase cable!

I just saw your update profile pic. You got it rolled up like a garden hose LMAO!
I had Trevor make this up as I needed a MUCH longer cable as my then system was 10ft away. I had just paid off the Z1Rs and went for the best money could buy and have never looked back since. If I remember right, I wept on plugging the cable in for the first time, the difference validated every penny spent.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #6,443 of 6,459
I had Trevor make this up as I needed a MUCH longer cable as my then system was 10ft away. I had just paid off the Z1Rs and went for the best money could buy and have never looked back since. If I remember right, I wept on plugging the cable on for the first time, the difference validated every penny spent.
I love hearing crap like this. I'm super glad somebody gets to order something like this! Could ya insert that image from your profile pic in the thread so it'll be in the pics when folks scroll through them?
Trevor is one of the best guys in this industry. Actually good people that man.
Congratulations, Brother.

That thing should be put in your will...

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #6,444 of 6,459
Feb 18, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #6,445 of 6,459
Feb 27, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #6,446 of 6,459
Feb 27, 2024 at 2:07 AM Post #6,448 of 6,459
Apr 18, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #6,450 of 6,459
Vygarde 2 - 18.9awg per polarity w/ 21.8awg as silver occ litz - fusion silver + copper. R&D aka “Special” version:
IMG_0081.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back