Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2,431 of 6,461
Does the Therium or SolvX cables fit 1964 Ears custom iems (A12) with recessed plugs? Thanks for your advice.

i just wrote a post about this in the empire ears thread.  it really depends on the construction of the customs and the pins you choose.  as far as i know, Norne only uses eidolic 2 pins, which have a cylindrical portion from which the rectangular head protrudes.  if the recessed sockets are too far recessed or the shape of the face plate happens to be a certain way, you will not be able to plug in the cable.  it should be noted that the TeCu 2 pins are slightly shorter than the pins on my stock cable, making the issue slightly worse.  i had this issue with one side, and i had to file the acrylic a bit.

My apologies if my thread search was inadequate to discover the answer to my question.......I recently ordered the Therium cable for my 64Audio A6 CIEMs. They have the recessed sockets - has anyone ordered the Therium cable for the 64Audio product with recessed sockets that could confirm there won't be a problem? 

I believe the answer is here: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=213 but I'd love to get a confirmation. 

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,433 of 6,461
Dec 13, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,434 of 6,461
Please let he members in this thread know when you will be taking preorders for the 4.4mm Sony cables.

Current estimated arrival date for a full batch of 150 qty. of 4.4mm to be in stock is in January, I will keep folks posted that email me of course (or those who are on wait list notification).
I do not know the exact date in January, but it looks like it will be that month for sure. 

on a side note:

I am working today to finally clear out all emails and any pending questions, I apologize again for the delays
caused by my recently being out of office and thank everyone for the added patience.

Dec 13, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #2,435 of 6,461

Current estimated arrival date for a full batch of 150 qty. of 4.4mm to be in stock is in January, I will keep folks posted that email me of course (or those who are on wait list notification).
I do not know the exact date in January, but it looks like it will be that month for sure. 

on a side note:

I am working today to finally clear out all emails and any pending questions, I apologize again for the delays
caused by my recently being out of office and thank everyone for the added patience.

time to send back my Therium for its long awaited repair and retermination heh :p
Will there also be an incoming batch of 4.4mm jacks so you can make a  4.4mm to 3.5mm TRS mini adapter?

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #2,436 of 6,461
I got Norne Therium for my 64 Audio U12. I was skeptical that cables improve sound until I got this. I can now confidently say that cables improve sound by 5-10% which is a lot in TOTL IEM standards. 

Overall, I can hear more details, bass is tighter, vocals are more intimate and slightly larger soundstage.

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #2,437 of 6,461
hello,
I have the Sennheiser HD800 with HDVD800 amplifier and I am still undecided if I should buy the Norne Draug v2 or the updated v2C version which is more neutral and has better sound stage... the normal v2 has more bass punch and depth...

what do you guys think? is the upgraded v2C better than the Norne Draug v2? 

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #2,438 of 6,461
  hello,
I have the Sennheiser HD800 with HDVD800 amplifier and I am still undecided if I should buy the Norne Draug v2 or the updated v2C version which is more neutral and has better sound stage... the normal v2 has more bass punch and depth...

I've had both on the hd800. I find that the v2c offered a better overall "balanced" presentation and a little better staging. The original Draug 2 had a bit more warmth. They are both very good choices with the hd800. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,439 of 6,461
  hello,

Trevor does extensive testing on every cable wire combination before putting anything available on the website. You could shoot him an email and ask what he would advise.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #2,440 of 6,461
I've had both on the hd800. I find that the v2c offered a better overall "balanced" presentation and a little better staging. The original Draug 2 had a bit more warmth. They are both very good choices with the hd800. 

Was thera a marked difference in detail between the two?
I have the d2 and arcane. I prefer the level of detail that comes with the arcane for my set up. I assume the level of detail of the d2c won't be as much as the hybrid arcane and im better aticking with the arcane. Would you agree?

How long ago did you receive the d2c?

Thanks

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,441 of 6,461
Was thera a marked difference in detail between the two?
I have the d2 and arcane. I prefer the level of detail that comes with the arcane for my set up. I assume the level of detail of the d2c won't be as much as the hybrid arcane and im better aticking with the arcane. Would you agree?

How long ago did you receive the d2c?

Thanks

I would agree that there is more detail with D2c. It just seems more balanced but very much in the original Draug family. 

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #2,442 of 6,461
well, I already asked Trevor and that was basically the answer... d2c has more detail, is more neutral and offers better soundstage, but if I like more bass, I will be better off with Norne Draug d2..
that's why I can't really decide :wink: never heard the one or the other and can't really imagine what woul be better... as the HD800 is already quite neutral and very detail-rich I'm not sure if I should change to d2c or just stick to the d2..

Dec 17, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #2,443 of 6,461
  well, I already asked Trevor and that was basically the answer... d2c has more detail, is more neutral and offers better soundstage, but if I like more bass, I will be better off with Norne Draug d2..
that's why I can't really decide :wink: never heard the one or the other and can't really imagine what woul be better... as the HD800 is already quite neutral and very detail-rich I'm not sure if I should change to d2c or just stick to the d2..

Could get one of each. Think of all the anxiety you'd bypass  
smile.gif

Dec 18, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #2,445 of 6,461

on a side note:

Trevor, who makes the 4.4 mm that you are getting in January?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back