Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
May 1, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,411 of 6,459

Solv X, maybe more dynamic, bass slam, but the Draug 2 is honest and will reveal your upstream gears.  Solv X more versatile and smooth with a broader range of headphones and gear.

Done: ordered Solv X balanced
wink_face.gif

May 2, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,412 of 6,459

Finally got my Draug2 for HD800. 2,5 month of waiting in total because of schiity USPS, but OMG, it's worth it! INSANE build quality and attention to details and much better sound than a stock cable. Thanks, Trevor!

May 5, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,413 of 6,459
Pretty soon I'm going to be comparing Arcane and Solv X against my Draug 2 on my LCD-X, which is close to what you're asking. I'll post some notes once I have all the cables and some time to listen. :)

I'm now using Solv-X with my he6 and I absolutely love this pairing. But still wonder whether Arcane is better than Solv-x. Any update would be appreciate.:wink:

May 6, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #1,414 of 6,459
This guy will make any cable agnostic a believer. All you have to do is listen 
wink.gif

May 6, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #1,416 of 6,459
At the Nashville Meet last September I had a demo Draug 2 for an HD800 Owner. The Guy (you know who you are) helping him install it was telling us cable doesn't make much of a difference. He put them on and his mouth dropped, he loved them. Both are now regular Customers of Trevor's.

It's incredibly complex, well designed and more importantly, great sounding cable at a very fair price.

May 6, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #1,417 of 6,459
At the Nashville Meet last September I had a demo Draug 2 for an HD800 Owner. The Guy (you know who you are) helping him install it was telling us cable doesn't make much of a difference. He put them on and his mouth dropped, he loved them. Both are now regular Customers of Trevor's.

It's incredibly complex, well designed and more importantly, great sounding cable at a very fair price.

+1,,,,Trevor doesn't shoot blanks!

May 8, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #1,418 of 6,459
Hi Trevor,

Just saw a new cable series called "Zoetic" Seems similar to the Draug v2. What's the difference between them? Will the bass from these be better than from the Draug as per the statement below:

"This new series brings unmatched mid / bass texture and detail with an extremely balanced profile"

May 8, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,419 of 6,459
I think the overall question that I get really confused about is this: I want to know which cable is TOTL, which is Mid-Fi, and which is Entry-Level from Norne. I wish the site was more descriptive on that. I want to know which cable is the 100% absolute best model that Norne makes, or is the best in Trevor's opinion at least. Because that cable is the one I wish to buy. 
tongue.gif

Edit: Also, just a suggestion here, but I personally like it when sites have a "lead-timer" out on the front page that gives at least a rough approximate on what the average lead time for a product is. 
biggrin.gif

May 8, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,420 of 6,459
I don't think the cables are built in the fashion you describe. I believe they are built and tailored for certain sound signature and specific headphones in mind.

May 8, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,421 of 6,459
I'm now using Solv-X with my he6 and I absolutely love this pairing.

Glad to hear it Chira. 

I think the overall question that I get really confused about is this: I want to know which cable is TOTL, which is Mid-Fi, and which is Entry-Level from Norne. I wish the site was more descriptive on that

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.  Feel free to email anytime via contact form, more than happy to answer questions. 

May 9, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #1,422 of 6,459

I absolutely love my Zoetic Cable for my HE-560's. Simply the best cable i've ever had for any headphones. It's so lightweight and flexible too! The sound is fantastic with the HE-560's and definitely a great upgrade from the stock single crystal cable that comes with them. I have the exact cable that is featured on Trevor's website. the black/grey herring bone, makassar ebony splitter and copper fill. The eidolic 4pin XLR tellurium etc. I highly recommend this cable. Trevor says it's one of his most favorite cables to date. 

If you want ultimate comfort or even consider using it for portable use, the Zoetic is surely the one to get. It's really unlike anything else out there. My fiance commented on it the first time she was listening to my headphones with the new cable. She said it's so lightweight and almost like it's not there... She could notice an improvement of sound quality with an a/b test.  The conformability of the cable is amazing. It doesn't carry any noise into the headset from rubbing against things compared to stiff type cables or most cables. 
I quickly noticed a sound signature that pairs very well with the HE-560's, the bass/mid bass texture was amazing how crisp and clean.  I'm using an NFB-28 2015 edition for my amp FYI. It's my endgame setup. :D

May 9, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #1,425 of 6,459

Where'd you get that stand? Looks real nice.

Room's Audio Line

http://www.thomann.de/gb/rooms_audio_line_typ_fs_mk_headphone_stand.htm

I ordered it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back