Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 18, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #1,381 of 6,449
  Clearing the last of 01/Jan and beginning of 02/Feb orders this week.

Patience people, patience.

Seconded. Trevor's business is clearly booming which is a very good thing! However, I'm sure this also means wait times will be slightly longer than expected. If you have read all of the rave reviews in this thread (which I'm sure you have right?) you should all know that your wait will be worth while even though it may be hard.
wink_face.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #1,382 of 6,449
Seconded. Trevor's business is clearly booming which is a very good thing! However, I'm sure this also means wait times will be slightly longer than expected. If you have read all of the rave reviews in this thread (which I'm sure you have right?) you should all know that your wait will be worth while even though it may be hard. :wink_face:   

+1 What he said. Waiting can suck however in this instance patience is a virtue. I had to wait for a good long time ( almost 7 weeks) but the result was well worth the wait. My Vanquish cable, for my Alpha Prime's , is fantastically built and to my subjective ears, the bass is tighter, more controlled. The mids seem a tad faster and the treble has a tad of non sibilant sparkle. I am glad I gave Trevor the time to HANDCRAFT my Vanquish cable because my Alpha Prime's never sounded better. And because Trevor took such loving time to HANDCRAFT such a gorgeous cable for me, I will definitely have him great a new cable, when I do get another set of cans. Trevor is a master craftsman who takes time creating functional pieces of art.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,383 of 6,449
+1 What he said. Waiting can suck however in this instance patience is a virtue. I had to wait for a good long time ( almost 7 weeks) but the result was well worth the wait. My Vanquish cable, for my Alpha Prime's , is fantastically built and to my subjective ears, the bass is tighter, more controlled. The mids seem a tad faster and the treble has a tad of non sibilant sparkle. I am glad I gave Trevor the time to HANDCRAFT my Vanquish cable because my Alpha Prime's never sounded better. And because Trevor took such loving time to HANDCRAFT such a gorgeous cable for me, I will definitely have him great a new cable, when I do get another set of cans. Trevor is a master craftsman who takes time creating functional pieces of art.

I have the same exact feelings of the Vanquish cable and the way it shapes the tone of both the AP and AD. In fact, the AD got so close to the AP with the Vanquish that I'm still having a tough time deciding whether or not to upgrade. Anyways I just wanted to provide that I feel that cables made with such high quality materials and thick gauging really do provide slight changes in tone, almost always for the better. Even the stock Canare Quad that came with the AD sounded tonally darker and mid-focused while the treble wasn't nearly as sparkly or present as with the new cable and overall the bass is much faster, less bloated or slow and hits deeper. Basically what he said above ^

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:01 PM Post #1,384 of 6,449
I have a question regarding the termination options.

I was wondering if I get a 4 pin XLR balanced termination, then purchase an adapter from Norne: Female 4 pin XLR to 1/4" will I be able to just plug in the 1/4" to listen to single ended outputs on any amp, and be able to remove the adapter anytime to listen to balance using the 4 pin XLR?

My understanding is that you can convert a balanced signal to an SE signal but not the other way around. So I cant get a 1/4" terminated cable and then get an adapter from 1/4" female to a balanced termination (4pin xlr /dual 3 pin xlr). Could someone clarify whether this is correct?

I was thinking I would be able to keep the cable versatile in case I get a balanced amp in the future by keeping the termination balanced.

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #1,385 of 6,449
  I have a question regarding the termination options.

I was wondering if I get a 4 pin XLR balanced termination, then purchase an adapter from Norne: Female 4 pin XLR to 1/4" will I be able to just plug in the 1/4" to listen to single ended outputs on any amp, and be able to remove the adapter anytime to listen to balance using the 4 pin XLR?

- Yes, this is 100% true.

My understanding is that you can convert a balanced signal to an SE signal but not the other way around. So I cant get a 1/4" terminated cable and then get an adapter from 1/4" female to a balanced termination (4pin xlr /dual 3 pin xlr). Could someone clarify whether this is correct?

- Everything in the above paragraph is also 100% true to my knowledge.

I was thinking I would be able to keep the cable versatile in case I get a balanced amp in the future by keeping the termination balanced.

- Note: This is the best plan of action when buying high-end upgrade cables in my opinion.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #1,386 of 6,449
Would I be correct in thinking that the Arcane series takes the characteristics of the Draug2 & SolvX cables and combines them?  Essentially giving you the best of best of both cables?  I'm having a tough time deciding which way to go regarding my pre-fazor LCD2.2s.  I'm currently using a cable from Q Audio.  I like it, but I'm quite fond of the Vanquish cable that I use with my Alpha Dogs, and would like to add another of Trevor's cables to my collection.

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #1,388 of 6,449
  Would I be correct in thinking that the Arcane series takes the characteristics of the Draug2 & SolvX cables and combines them?  Essentially giving you the best of best of both cables?  I'm having a tough time deciding which way to go regarding my pre-fazor LCD2.2s.  I'm currently using a cable from Q Audio.  I like it, but I'm quite fond of the Vanquish cable that I use with my Alpha Dogs, and would like to add another of Trevor's cables to my collection.

+1 here

Let's get the Draug v2..more Slam and sound stage for our LCD 2 and also works well with Senny HD.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,389 of 6,449
i finally received my Solv cables for my Sony MDR-Z7 today, my set up is paired with Oppo HA-1. I've been quite frustrated by the repeated delays and late delivery of the order, since it was initially estimated latest for me to receive it Mar-15 but... THANK YOU FOR THE CABLES TREVOR! 

holy ****... the cables just blew my mind, its totally transformed my headphones set up, i can feel a distinct difference from the stock Sony balanced cables (i had them terminated 4pin XLR as well). with the ability to tune the volume up without feeling harsh trebles, aiot of details that i had ONLY hear from tracks played with an Audeze LCD-3 could be heard once again! Yes... i'm not kidding. I would not say its become a reproduction of an LCD-3 sound but it sure as hell brings me close to it. This is one sick combo i  have now... thank you Norne Audio, fantastic product!

Mar 27, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #1,390 of 6,449
Just placed an order for new cables.

Despite his tight schedules, Trevor always being so supportive and patience in accommodating request. Kudos!

Now, I'm just sit back, relax and awaiting the cables.

Thanks Trevor.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #1,391 of 6,449
got my skog yesterday. very impressed with the ergo's, the cable reminds me a lot of 550 paracord. Thanks trevor

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #1,394 of 6,449
My Draug v2 arrived today. What an awesome cable. Way more supple than anticipated and I love that Trevor's HD800 connectors lock firmly in place, rather than the slight wiggle I had from other after market cables. Yes, there was a wait, but Trevor always responded to my pestering. Well worth it in the end. Thanks a lot Trevor.

Apr 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #1,395 of 6,449
  My Draug v2 arrived today. What an awesome cable. Way more supple than anticipated and I love that Trevor's HD800 connectors lock firmly in place, rather than the slight wiggle I had from other after market cables. Yes, there was a wait, but Trevor always responded to my pestering. Well worth it in the end. Thanks a lot Trevor.

Congrats on the new cable. I've had my Draug for a few months now and absolutely love it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back