Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 10, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #1,441 of 6,466
I've had the Draug 2 for my HD800 for a little over two months now. The performance is just superb! The Draug opened up the bass of HD800, I haven’t even dreamed H800 could have such a meaty and solid bass! The highs are tamed a little bit and became smoother, vocals are more focused and have a fuller body. It is such a greater cable! 

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #1,442 of 6,466
Received my Draug v2 today for my LCD-2f and LCD-X(when I finally pull the trigger).  Time from order placement to delivery was 45 days.  Not bad and I didn't care that much since I can't use it until my Liquid Carbon arrives(counting down to 2 months now hopefully).  Beautiful workmanship, quality materials, nice colors, and not as heavy as I remembered from the demo at the Nashville meet.  I hope it sound as good as it looks when I finally get to try it out.

Jun 11, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #1,443 of 6,466
Received my Draug v2 today for my LCD-2f and LCD-X(when I finally pull the trigger).  Time from order placement to delivery was 45 days.  Not bad and I didn't care that much since I can't use it until my Liquid Carbon arrives(counting down to 2 months now hopefully).  Beautiful workmanship, quality materials, nice colors, and not as heavy as I remembered from the demo at the Nashville meet.  I hope it sound as good as it looks when I finally get to try it out.

Hey Pipen, beautiful cable!!! Trevor can do a 1/4" extension from the 4 pin XLR, that's what I have on mine. I don't know if I could be that patient:wink:.

Jun 11, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #1,444 of 6,466
What would the community's recommendation be for a cable for my new Hifiman HE-1000's arriving next week? Solv? Draug? Arcane? Not really worried about price but want the best cable for these cans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #1,445 of 6,466
What would the community's recommendation be for a cable for my new Hifiman HE-1000's arriving next week? Solv? Draug? Arcane? Not really worried about price but want the best cable for these cans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trevor has a new silver cable just for the HEK, from my conversations with him sounds very special. Now I just need to get an HEK!

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,446 of 6,466

Trevor has a new silver cable just for the HEK, from my conversations with him sounds very special. Now I just need to get an HEK!

Hmmm....I wonder if that's the Arcane series.

Trevor, if you're reading along, feel free to PM me with your recommendation :wink:

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #1,447 of 6,466
If I order these, it'll be a 45 day work time? I'm thinking of picking up the Skoll. Also I know there are those headphone converter extensions but do you guys know of an audeze to AD ultrashort converter? I'm thinking of picking up the Ether sometime this year.

Thanks.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #1,448 of 6,466

Hmmm....I wonder if that's the Arcane series.

Trevor, if you're reading along, feel free to PM me with your recommendation :wink:

No, it's newer than the Arcane, a brand new wire he just/is about to receive. I think he is calling it SolV Silver.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #1,449 of 6,466
  If I order these, it'll be a 45 day work time? I'm thinking of picking up the Skoll. Also I know there are those headphone converter extensions but do you guys know of an audeze to AD ultrashort converter? I'm thinking of picking up the Ether sometime this year.

Thanks.

Most of the people who ordered Ethers at the Nashville Meet also ordered the Norne Zoetic that I brought to demo with the Ethers. MattTCG would be a great person to ask about them since he has both in for his review.

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,450 of 6,466

Most of the people who ordered Ethers at the Nashville Meet also ordered the Norne Zoetic that I brought to demo with the Ethers. MattTCG would be a great person to ask about them since he has both in for his review.

I've been really liking the bare wire look from the Draug or the Skoll so I'm more inclined with that. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,451 of 6,466
Hey Pipen, beautiful cable!!! Trevor can do a 1/4" extension from the 4 pin XLR, that's what I have on mine. I don't know if I could be that patient:wink:.

Do you know what the build time on an adapter is and would the 12% discount return customer apply to an extension.  Thanks for the compliment.  Wish now I had ordered a splitter. Oh well.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #1,452 of 6,466

Oh man, a cable exclusive for the HEK? When is he planning to unveil it?

Also am I selling myself a bit short if i opt for the Skoll right over the Draug 2...? My plan was to get a cable in the style of the Draug/Skoll to use with my LCD-X and just get adapters for my upcoming Ether to avoid having too many cable purchases... The real question is are either cables, the Draug or Skoll, good with the X?

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #1,453 of 6,466
Oh man, a cable exclusive for the HEK? When is he planning to unveil it?

Also am I selling myself a bit short if i opt for the Skoll right over the Draug 2...? My plan was to get a cable in the style of the Draug/Skoll to use with my LCD-X and just get adapters for my upcoming Ether to avoid having too many cable purchases... The real question is are either cables, the Draug or Skoll, good with the X?

Personally, I would go with the Zoetic or Draug 2. Both are an excellent match.

Jun 12, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #1,454 of 6,466
Do you know what the build time on an adapter is and would the 12% discount return customer apply to an extension.  Thanks for the compliment.  Wish now I had ordered a splitter. Oh well.

I can't speak for Trevor on the discount, I'd recommend giving him a call. The single ended connector shouldn't take that long, but I don't know what the current workload is at Norne.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,455 of 6,466

I would run litz copper personally (Draug 2 or Zoetic). HE-1k's treble has a peak at 7k and is a bit "splashy", so I'd opt for something smooth. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back