1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

1. y2jdmbfan
    Any pics?

2. QueueCumber
    I’d have to take them out of my ears to take pics. That’s not going to happen for awhile today... :L3000:

I’ll defintely post some later.

3. QueueCumber
    976F57F5-E318-4874-A40C-20CE86CD589B.jpeg Here’s one in ear. :)

4. QueueCumber
    Got to say, I love when I can hear the analog noise floor hiss of old master tape on good speakers/headphones/earbuds at the beginning and ends of songs. Something so satisfying about it. Can totally pick it up with these CIEMs. :beerchug:

I can pick it up on the studio songs of Allman Brothers Eat A Peach album. I’m guessing the noise floor sound reminds me of the anticipation of hearing new songs on vinyl when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  5. petetheroadie
    There was a track my old band recorded where it was raining outside the studio and the drum mics picked it up that you could hear on a decent system. I'll see if I can dig it up and will share.

QueueCumber likes this.
  6. QueueCumber
    Well balanced drivers. They get out of the way and let the recordings do their magic. I got plenty of goosebumps and chills listening to songs from Jeff Buckley’s Grace, Natalie Merchant’s Tigerlily, David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust, Clapton Unplugged, Nora Jones’s Come Away With Me, and Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories and Discovery.

I don’t think I could ever go back to regular earbuds after this... lol

Only downside is you can’t sing along to music because of the perfect vacuum seal. You can’t really hear yourself.

7. QueueCumber
    Have to say, with live recordings, like Pearl Jam, this is the closest I’ve heard to the real experience of shows I’ve actually been to before.

Speakers don’t do live shows justice, IME, because they spread it out unrealistically between two or five+ speakers in a way that speakers at concerts don’t. These CIEMs feel like what it’s like to be at the concert. Immersed in the sound from all directions of the venue speakers.

If anyone is a fan and has these CIEMs, download Hartford 2013 and put on Better Man. That’s exactly what it sounded like near the stage!

8. krismusic Contributor
    Don't wish to be a killjoy but no headphone or IEM can recreate the visceral feeling of being at a gig. IMHO

H T T and QueueCumber like this.
  9. QueueCumber
    For sure. This is the closest I’ve heard reproduction-wise of Pearl Jam, at least in terms of overall sound. A heavy duty subwoofer surround setup might get closer to the visceral feel.

krismusic likes this.
  10. krismusic Contributor
    Yup can't beat that vibration punching your chest and the air from the subs under the stage. :)

11. fiascogarcia
    But if I have to pee, my bathroom is right there! :ksc75smile:

Saraguie likes this.
  12. ScottFree
    Which is a HUGE plus in my opinion. I've been to the Reading Festival a few times and trying to find a bathroom to pee there mainly relies on luck, how far you are prepared to walk, your views on cleanliness, and on occasion. Bribery.

13. Rowethren
    Using my new Linum SuperBax on the commute to work and it is very flexible which is nice. I can't say that I noticed a difference in sound from the stock cable to be honest. Overall much more comfortable though. My only gripe is that the chin slider slips down too easily but I will fix that in a bit with some clear dental bands so not really a problem. Oh it is also a tad springy but as it is so thin it isn't really an issue.

14. krismusic Contributor
    Ha! The concerns of the older gentleman! I'm with you on that!:beyersmile:

15. Kunlun
    Listened to the Bell this morning, after a little burn-in (why not?). A bit brighter, the bass seemed a little more controlled than the velvet for a more balanced version of the sound. I do like the metallic shells. Overall, first impressions are good!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018