Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #26,986 of 36,071
How about the layering and resolution?

I find resolution to be quite good, but I would say the Bell is not an analytical earphone. I find that instruments layer well. Instruments are a cohesive environment, not pop ups in the auditory field. The Bell’s instrument separation is good but not as distinct as some other earphones. I would describe the Bell’s emphasis being euphonic with very pleasing instrument texture and timbre across the frequency range. I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #26,987 of 36,071
I find resolution to be quite good, but I would say the Bell is not an analytical earphone. I find that instruments layer well. Instruments are a cohesive environment, not pop ups in the auditory field. The Bell’s instrument separation is good but not as distinct as some other earphones. I would describe the Bell’s emphasis being euphonic with very pleasing instrument texture and timbre across the frequency range. I hope that helps.

So essentially, the Bell is musical AF, right?

Feb 15, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #26,990 of 36,071
I am currently pairing my encores with the null audio lune mkiv silver cable and they sound pretty awesome. Price wise is also great value for money. you guys should check it out if possible. I'll try to post a picture but i am currently still finding out how to do so. =)
+1

I have the same cable with by k10's and definitely agree with you. As bad as the things i've heard about null audio are (customer service mostly, rarely about product quality), I've never found a better substitute for an IEM cable with volume control and a microphone. superbly convenient :3

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #26,993 of 36,071
^ Which headphones? Not your Encores surely?

I just love how gorgeous the piano sounds through the K10Us, as exemplified here:

Oh god no! I meant my Philips Fidelio X2. I just happened to leave the Encores at my parents. The X2 just stopped being awesome, I don’t know how but the soundstage has all but disappeared so no no for gaming anymore or anything for that matter. I don’t know where people get the notion that openback headphones make great gaming headsets when my CLOSED earphones give me the best positioning. I’ll try my Encores tonight and I’ll see which one is bettter for gaming.

Piano on the Katana and Encore are so good. When massdrop drops the K10 again I’m gonna get it.

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #26,994 of 36,071
Oh god no! I meant my Philips Fidelio X2. I just happened to leave the Encores at my parents. The X2 just stopped being awesome, I don’t know how but the soundstage has all but disappeared so no no for gaming anymore or anything for that matter. I don’t know where people get the notion that openback headphones make great gaming headsets when my CLOSED earphones give me the best positioning. I’ll try my Encores tonight and I’ll see which one is bettter for gaming.

Piano on the Katana and Encore are so good. When massdrop drops the K10 again I’m gonna get it.
Just out of interest, why would you want the K10 when you have the Encore?

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #26,996 of 36,071
From what I have read and gathered, I want to hear that lushness and intimacy while still granting me globs of detail. I’m willing to give up some width and air for that to happen. I would consider the Encore as a side grade due to that.

Having owned and used both. The Encore is a step up from K-10. The description which sold me is: Everything the K-10 is but more! I find it to be true.

Feb 17, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #26,997 of 36,071
I have had the K10 for several years now and love them but when I heard the Encores I wanted them. I would like to think that the K10's have a magic of their own but I think you would need deep pockets to want to own both.

Feb 17, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #26,998 of 36,071
I didn’t listen to the Encores much - just three tracks - in the end but ultimately I’m happy with my decision to go in for the K10s. The only reason I suppose to upgrade in a few years’ time wouldd be to have all the same features in a neat little package, but with a bit more sub-bass on top (or below). Then again in nine out of 10 tracks I throw at the Kaisers bass gets a resounding (literally) 10 / 10 for me. It really is hard to imagine anything better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back