Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 14, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #26,971 of 36,066
Initial impressions: excellent soundstage, handles jpop, classical, and classic rock impeccably. (I haven’t had the time to give them a more general listening. I might take my time with a general listening as they are doing so well with Alina Ibragimova).

Bass is detailed and present without annoying “impact”. Treble is non-fatiguing and articulate with a touch of roll-off. (Edit: after a few hours, the treble is opening up. I don’t see this as brain-burn as I just put them on after 90 minutes of the Bells being out of my ears, but playing while I was away). Mids are heavenly! These earphones are exquisitely balanced and capable.

I really like the cable. No static from fleece and/or Columbia Omni-Heat! I was able to get a perfect fit frim the get-go. Right and left markings are a bit difficult to see that is the only quibble I have...

If I don’t answer back, please be patient as I want to take my time enjoying the Bell. :wink:

How about the layering and resolution?

Feb 14, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #26,973 of 36,066
Just received Noble's new Gold X Silver cable. It's thinner than I had imagined, slightly thinner than the stock cable, but with a 6-wire braid vs 4. As a result, it's a lot lighter than most aftermarket cables, I also appreciate the pre-formed ear guides. It's not the softest cable, a little stiff and springy, but it feels well-constructed and looks great.

First impressions suggest pleasing synergy with Noble's flagships, especially the Katana. I feel the cable either attenuates the high-end, lifts the lower-midrange or a combination of both, as it produces a slightly smoother, fuller and more detailed sound. As a disclaimer, this is my subjective impression and I do not have a measurement system capable of objectively quantifying any changes. Still, for those that enjoy cables this is a nice option and I'll have a full review out soon.

WtWCVDN.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #26,977 of 36,066
Just ordered a Linum SuperBax G2 for my K10s should be pretty good judging by the reviews. I wonder how it would compare to the new gold Noble cable. I am predicting that the Linum will be a fair bit thinner and more flexible. I was starting to find my Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22 a bit thick and cumbersome so the Linum should be a big contrast to that...

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #26,979 of 36,066
Obviously Linum does not have memory wire. It does have good synergy with ME though

That is a plus for me, memory wire is awful with glasses IME.

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #26,980 of 36,066
Just ordered a Linum SuperBax G2 for my K10s should be pretty good judging by the reviews. I wonder how it would compare to the new gold Noble cable. I am predicting that the Linum will be a fair bit thinner and more flexible. I was starting to find my Toxic Cables Silver Widow 22 a bit thick and cumbersome so the Linum should be a big contrast to that...
I am very interested to hear your feedback on the sonic difference between the Linum and your SW22. I am using SW22 too and find it having great synergy with my Katana (which is a bit of surprise as I initially thought it would be too bright, but it's not!)

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #26,982 of 36,066
I am very interested to hear your feedback on the sonic difference between the Linum and your SW22. I am using SW22 too and find it having great synergy with my Katana (which is a bit of surprise as I initially thought it would be too bright, but it's not!)

My experience is that the Silver Widow is actually a bassy cable at least that is what my brain tells me lol... Bare in mind I have the K10 not the Katana so it is already a very different sound but I will let you know how I find it :)

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #26,983 of 36,066
My experience is that the Silver Widow is actually a bassy cable at least that is what my brain tells me lol... Bare in mind I have the K10 not the Katana so it is already a very different sound but I will let you know how I find it :)

I actually have the K10 too and have tried the SW22 on it but I use the Katana a lot more.

Yes I also think the SW22 is indeed more bassy than other cables I have tried!

Feb 15, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #26,984 of 36,066
I am currently pairing my encores with the null audio lune mkiv silver cable and they sound pretty awesome. Price wise is also great value for money. you guys should check it out if possible. I'll try to post a picture but i am currently still finding out how to do so. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back