NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Feb 4, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #616 of 714
I was going to get a set of those ear pads but I really love the way my Aiva sounds with the second version of the Aiva pads I got a while ago. I don't want to gain some soundstage width but then maybe lose some of that intament intenseness that makes them such a good headphone to me.

The 2nd version of the stock Aiva pads worked out better for me as well since my ears are not touching the drivers. I tried the Brainwavz hybrids which were good and will likely work well for those who need more space if their ears are touching the inner driver causing discomfort. However in my case the extra space seemed to cause a loss of detail in the sound.
Speaking of detail I'm breaking in an Ether CX. It has imaging accuracy that surpasses the Aiva's in some ways. I commented over here on this thread. It is a polarizing set of cans that people either love or immediately dislike on first impressions especially if not familiar with planar performance. I'm still going through more hours of burn/break-in as recommended by Dan Clark. The ECX is becoming my closed-back go-to's when I want to crank the volume and escape into the music w/o disturbing anyone around me.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #621 of 714
Pop specifically doesn’t have a lot of bass, per se, correct? I know there can definitely be more bass-heavy sub-genres or in certain songs. But as a whole, wouldn’t “pop” be considered more moderate in base compared to genres like dance or EDM?

Some pop has deep bass, some doesn't.

Mar 17, 2020 at 10:27 PM Post #623 of 714
I think the Aiva is excellent for modern pop music. I like a lot of female vocalist pop (Taylor Swift, Halsey, Chvrches) and I think they're great with all of them.

Mar 26, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #624 of 714
I’d like to do a pad swap on these, but this would be my first time ever swapping pads on a headphone and I’m worried I might mess something up. Do I literally just grab the pads and pull? Or twist? Any help would be appreciated so I don’t break my beloved Aiva’s :)

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #625 of 714
Pads are just a small lip that wrap around a ring. Nothing to worry about really

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #627 of 714
More like peel them off

Apr 11, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #628 of 714
Hi guys, someone had compared a little Aiva vs Arya? Could you please tell me about soundstage capabilities of Aiva (Which maybe Arya could way more capable in this regard) mostly, and then openess and imaging? I would use it for gaming purposes mostly, so i would prefer a more spacious sound for the open headphone. My amplification would be Thx aaa 789 and Topping D90, so i guess, good enough amps for them.
Thanks in advance!

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #629 of 714
Hi guys, someone had compared a little Aiva vs Arya? Could you please tell me about soundstage capabilities of Aiva (Which maybe Arya could way more capable in this regard) mostly, and then openess and imaging? I would use it for gaming purposes mostly, so i would prefer a more spacious sound for the open headphone. My amplification would be Thx aaa 789 and Topping D90, so i guess, good enough amps for them.
Thanks in advance!
Havent heard the Arya but I returned the Aiva for the super small soundstage and lack of any soundstage width. I would have a hard tine recommending the Aiva for gaming.

Apr 11, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #630 of 714
Havent heard the Arya but I returned the Aiva for the super small soundstage and lack of any soundstage width. I would have a hard tine recommending the Aiva for gaming.
Oh, thanks for the reply. I would say, lack of depth for gaming is ok'ish, but i defenately need width, i seek for width :)
If you would have returned for super small soundstage - I guess i'm no more interested in it :/ Hifiman's are probably more open.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back