NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #632 of 714
Ah man, I just bought these, but what everyone is saying about the lack of lows bothers me. If I don't get on with them, will the Fostex TH series be more what I'm looking for?
No idea about the Fostex. Though I can tell you both the M1060 v2 and M1060c had more bass extension than the Aivas. Though the bass imaging was good, the smallness of the bass was off putting

Apr 17, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #634 of 714
I don't find the Aiva to lack low end at all! I use the updated perforated pads. I find the Aiva to be a highly enjoyable sigature, especially with modern pop music, but even classic rock. I own an Aiva and an LCD2C and will be keeping both!

Apr 17, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #635 of 714
I don't find the Aiva to lack low end at all! I use the updated perforated pads. I find the Aiva to be a highly enjoyable sigature, especially with modern pop music, but even classic rock. I own an Aiva and an LCD2C and will be keeping both!
Great! I'll have to judge for myself. I do like the new Tool album, so if you like it with the Aiva, I probably will :)

Apr 17, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #637 of 714
Great! I'll have to judge for myself. I do like the new Tool album, so if you like it with the Aiva, I probably will :)
When it comes to the new Tool album I actually prefer the LCD2C!

Apr 17, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #638 of 714
The only thing Aiva may lack is a good source. Without a good source and a good amp, the soundstage collapsed and hence people think it has small soundstage
Or with the same source and amp other headphones like the M1060 and M1060c had a much wider soundstage......

Apr 18, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #639 of 714
When it comes to the new Tool album I actually prefer the LCD2C!
Yeah, when I want to listen to Tool, Aiva would not be on the list. Though I only have the old stuff. Man the times I put their albums in my cart and just deleted them. Like $20 for cd? I know the pieces fit, but $20....

May 17, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #640 of 714
Hey, Folks,
I have a pair of Aiva's that I bought used from a Head-fi'er (great experience, by the way) and just took delivery of the Monoprice M1060. Figured I'd take advantage of their 30 day audition period to compare. I'll keep one and one is going to go. I'm not planning to mod the M1060's. I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have spent quality time with both of these cans. I'm torn. I find the Aiva's a bit more comfortable to wear, and goodness knows the build quality is better, but the M1060's have a bit wider stage, although they can also be a little bright to me.
Anyway, have at it! :wink:

May 17, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #641 of 714
Hey, Folks,
I have a pair of Aiva's that I bought used from a Head-fi'er (great experience, by the way) and just took delivery of the Monoprice M1060. Figured I'd take advantage of their 30 day audition period to compare. I'll keep one and one is going to go. I'm not planning to mod the M1060's. I'm interested in hearing from any of you who have spent quality time with both of these cans. I'm torn. I find the Aiva's a bit more comfortable to wear, and goodness knows the build quality is better, but the M1060's have a bit wider stage, although they can also be a little bright to me.
Anyway, have at it! :wink:
Can you take off the grills of the M1060? Its a super simple mod. Sure, I get it if you may return it, but know that the sound can improve with the turn of a screw driver.

Jun 14, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #643 of 714
I replaced the stock updated pads with a pair of Brainwavez XL sheepskin leather pads I had laying around and it transformed these things. Added some much needed soundstage, width and height. Bass is also deeper and more impactful. MUCH more fun overall listening experience. Very pleased.
65731867-2926-44C5-B7C5-53A458EC31DB.jpeg

Jun 14, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #644 of 714
So I have the Brainwavz XL sheepskin leather pads, velour pads and hybrid pads all laying around in my house from when I tried to make my DT880 not a total snoozefest a couple years ago. After trying all three on my Aiva I have settled on the hybrids as being the best for it. The hybrids have the velour inside but leather outside, which is similar to the stock pads, just a lot bigger. I liked the sheepskin pads quite a bit, and so will anyone who finds the Aiva to be too bright, but it's not too bright for me. I found the velour pads to be closest to stock sound while I found the hybrids to slightly tweak the stock sound the best. Deeper more impactful bass while not having such an impact on the high end.

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #645 of 714
I picked up some ZMF perforated sheepskin Universe pads and while they fit better and look better than the Brainwavz XL pads, the sound is a no go. Too lean.

So far the Brainwavz XL Hyrbid pads have been the absolute best in terms of improving on the stock Aiva sound in many ways. Bass and soundstage being the most dramatic. Which is great as bass and soundstage are two of the stock Aivas weak points. I recommend anyone to pick up a pair of XL Hybrids for their Aiva.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back