NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #586 of 714
As anyone been able to successfully disassemble these headphones?

I'm asking because, lately I've been playing around with these headphones. While looking the subject of headphone voicing I came across this webpage:

http://www.brentbutterworth.com/headphone-voicing.html

Scientific methods aside, I considered it to be a very enlightening read. So I began to tweak the Aiva following some of those conclusions. I now want to cover some; or all, of the holes on the grill to hear how it affects the sound, but I want to cover them from the inside. I need a way to get behind the drivers...non-destructively. I wanted to ask first to find any previous experiences before I ventured into no man's land and risk not coming back.

Thank you in advance.
I have not read that articles but scrolled through the pictures. I think he is experimenting Dynamic headphones driver, instead of the Planar as the Aiva. They are very very different.

Dec 23, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #587 of 714
I have not read that articles but scrolled through the pictures. I think he is experimenting Dynamic headphones driver, instead of the Planar as the Aiva. They are very very different.

True, but why would the physics change? Cover the front of a planar magnetic or a dynamic driver with foam, both of them are going to be affected. The planar isn't going to use its planar magic to not have the sound dampened. I'm using foam in front of the driver of my own Aiva, the effects are very real and in line with the article findings.

I found the foam damping experiment to be quite successful. So now I'm looking to move into the rear plate tweaking, thus I'm looking for ways to non-destructively disassemble the Aiva and keep on playing around. Maybe if look into its inexpensive cousin, the BLON B20, I could find more info.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #590 of 714
Today I saw that this SIVGA P-II is available on Amazon, the funny thing is that it is very similar to Sendy Aiva, LOL

https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-P-Ⅱ-Wa...ivga+p+ii&qid=1578100601&s=electronics&sr=1-1

71z5Nd0e84L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #594 of 714
I received my used Aiva's from another HF member yesterday, along with a XLR balanced adapter today, and am really enjoying these right out of the gate.

They came with the newer perforated Aiva pads, but I put on the old thicker ZMF protein pads from my modded T50's and they opened up a decent amount more.

I might need a little brain burn-in, but with some very minor eq tweaks these sound very good.

Jan 3, 2020 at 10:24 PM Post #595 of 714
Today I saw that this SIVGA P-II is available on Amazon, the funny thing is that it is very similar to Sendy Aiva, LOL

https://www.amazon.com/SIVGA-P-Ⅱ-Walnut-Magnetic-Headphone/dp/B082XWQ2YL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=sivga+p+ii&qid=1578100601&s=electronics&sr=1-1

71z5Nd0e84L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I like how in the description it says...
“The technical team had spent more than 3 years on the research & development of ID design, acoustic design, speakerstructure and diaphragm material, etc, they spent countless efforts and energy till the headphone was finalized.”
Wow, what are the odds Sendy came up with the same design during that time.

Jan 4, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #596 of 714
Hmm, I may just buy that head band. Aiva's headband needs some work.

Agree with you there, I love the performance of the Aivas but I find myself adjusting the headband a lot

I like how in the description it says...
“The technical team had spent more than 3 years on the research & development of ID design, acoustic design, speakerstructure and diaphragm material, etc, they spent countless efforts and energy till the headphone was finalized.”
Wow, what are the odds Sendy came up with the same design during that time.

And they did not even change the inner metal screen...jeesh

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #598 of 714
Love my Aivas and have recently started tweaking with Equalizer APO in Windows. Any suggested settings to adjust for some of the minor issues people are having? Which ranges should I adjust to bring the treble down a little and bring up the recessed mids? I don't want to completely change the U shaped curve, but do want to improve the already amazing sound signature.

Also, one side of my headband seems to slip a bit. Is there a way to tighten it?

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #599 of 714
Love my Aivas and have recently started tweaking with Equalizer APO in Windows. Any suggested settings to adjust for some of the minor issues people are having? Which ranges should I adjust to bring the treble down a little and bring up the recessed mids? I don't want to completely change the U shaped curve, but do want to improve the already amazing sound signature.

Also, one side of my headband seems to slip a bit. Is there a way to tighten it?

Do the Brainwavz angled sheep skin pads

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #600 of 714

Not familiar with the Aivas and I'm far from an expert, but I would say use this test tone generator and listen to the FR directly, then EQ up and down and re-check with it, and continue until you've corrected the major peaks and dips. Use a mix of peaking and shelving filters, and avoid using high-Q (over 4) unless you have to, and don't stack too many filters on top of one another. Then once you have the FR smooth, listen to music and see whether or not you've over-EQd. If spatial information is messed up (i.e. listen to a track that has sounds that pan smoothly left to right, and see if your EQ profile alters the imaging) then you over-EQd and you want to simplify it. In general, use the least amount of EQ you can to get the results you want. Also, don't go over 0db, use the preamp to set the peak level at 0db if you're over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back