NEW! SENDY AUDIO AIVA Impressions?
Apr 19, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #271 of 714
do the pads come off like most where there is a little gap where the pad fits in?

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:33 PM Post #272 of 714
lots of burn in ahead but right now the modded M1060s sound better. The Aiva is just small in comparison. Smoother but smaller. Hopefully things will change.

Putting any new headphone on, after you have been listening to your modded favorite, is giving the loved headphone a viable means to make you think the new one isn't great.
And i know you listened to the M1060 first......so, game over.
If possible, the next time you get a new set of headphones :

A.) Dont listen to any headphones, that day......except for the new one.

B.) Wear the new one ONLY...for a couple of days, so that your brain realigns the way it is hearing, as a brain becomes trained, and then it becomes a filter that won't let you hear a brand new headphone, correctly, until it becomes acclimated, and this takes over a day.

So, give that a try next time, or ignore it.
But if you try it, you'll understand what you don't understand right now.

Have fun....:)

Apr 19, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #273 of 714
Putting any new headphone on, after you have been listening to your modded favorite, is giving the loved headphone a viable means to make you think the new one isn't great.
And i know you listened to the M1060 first......so, game over.
If possible, the next time you get a new set of headphones :

A.) Dont listen to any headphones, that day......except for the new one.

B.) Wear the new one ONLY...for a couple of days, so that your brain realigns the way it is hearing, as a brain becomes trained, and then it becomes a filter that won't let you hear a brand new headphone, correctly, until it becomes acclimated, and this takes over a day.

So, give that a try next time, or ignore it.
But if you try it, you'll understand what you don't understand right now.

Have fun....:)
With that logic every new headphone will suck compared to an existing one. I have a hard time believing that.

You know I am excited by the Sendy right? So since it was the one connected from playing all night it often was the first one listened to.

Going back and forth several times on the same song gives you a good impression of what is different between the headphones.

Also its the recording(s) i am listening too. Like the bass on Luscious Jackson’s Naked Eye for instance. I have heard that on all kind of systems and have a good sense of what happens on some systems and how it can sound. Doesnt everyone have test tracks??

Its not like the Sendy sounds bad it just small. I dont see how the order of listening can change that. Just like the order wont somehow make the M1060 sound more 3d than the Sendy or more smooth.

Apr 20, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #274 of 714
With that logic every new headphone will suck compared to an existing one. I have a hard time believing that.

Actually, the reverse is the reality.
See, what makes them "suck" is when your brain has been trained by your favorites to compare, instead of hearing "a-fresh", a new sound.
Now, i can't make you see this, and i can't understand this for you, but i can agree with you that if you have never tried something, you are the type that can't "believe it".

So, the next time you order a new headphone(s}.........the day they arrive, do not listen to any headphone(s) that day......ZERO....NONE.
This way you have fresh ears, and your brain has no "context" to judge, using your ears, the new set.
Then, dont try any others for 2 days.....just use the "new" ones.
---------------------

Let me try it this way, as maybe this will help you to realize what im showing you.

Lets say you like women, and enjoy them.
But you have a girlfriend for years, and you are use to her......how she sounds, behaves, and reacts.
So, you stop seeing her, and you meet a new one, and you get to know her.
Well, in the first few months, she won't seem "right".....she will seem...."different", and you wont feel "at home", "comfortable" with her, as you felt with the previous.
So, why is that?
You figure that out, and you'll understand what im trying to get you to understand about the best way to access the sound and value of your new headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #276 of 714
Apr 20, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #277 of 714
Great review. Never before have I seen such an attractive fish scale-esque design. Sounds like it would be akin to the Alara in terms of signature and presentation.

Much obliged kind sir. I would be akin to trying the Alara in comparison. I do so like the Aiva.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #281 of 714
I don't know, is it? Either way, have to hear it for myself to be sure.

Get both.
2 unique voices.
Or you could run down a HEXv2, as its a entirely different world.
Or how about the LCD=X?
Whats that you say? You need a closed?....And you want it to be really good and cost less then $100 USD?
Ok, get the Cooler Master MH752

See, You can't have too much money, and you can't own too many headphones.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #282 of 714
Sounds nothing like the Alara.
Unbelievable, isn't it?

I have not heard the Alara, but do hear good things about it. If you could provide a comparison I would appreciate it. Again, I am thoroughly enjoying my Aiva.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #283 of 714
Get both.
2 unique voices.
Or you could run down a HEXv2, as its a entirely different world.
Or how about the LCD=X?
Whats that you say? You need a closed?....And you want it to be really good and cost less then $100 USD?
Ok, get the Cooler Master MH752

See, You can't have too much money, and you can't own too many headphones.

I'm content with what I have, but thanks for the suggestions.

Okay, back to trippin' ballz and munchin' corn on this rainy, Saturday aftermorning.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #284 of 714
I have not heard the Alara, but do hear good things about it. If you could provide a comparison I would appreciate it. Again, I am thoroughly enjoying my Aiva.

Regarding their sound signature.... The Alara and the Quad are brothers from different mothers.
Both are built for people who enjoy a fine midrange, and are not looking for the bright sound of a typical Hifiman headphone.
Both of these have a tone that is almost as if they contain Dynamic Drivers, yet, with a degree of pristine clarity dialed in to let you know you are in Planar-Land.

The Sendy, is a $600 USD Planar that sound very different, as its warmth is totally Planar-esqe and the beauty of its aesthetics is much superior to the Alara.

Which do i prefer?
The Sendy, but, all 3 are worth owning.
All are very good.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #285 of 714
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back