New Member Introductions thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #10,447 of 15,646
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum having signed up just this past week. I recently just got into this hobby while renovating my house ... so probably not the smartest move for my wallet.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:44 AM Post #10,451 of 15,646
Hi,

I'm a new member. Long-term audiophile and just recently re-discovering the joys of headphone use.

Headphone use is pretty much restricted to listening while on computer, with Westone UM PRO 10 IEMs with smartphone or DAP use while mobile.

Headphones are an old pair of Sennheiser HD590 and more recently, Nuraphones. I often find myself listening to the HD590s in preference.

Replay is Spotify (highest quality mode) or home-recorded FLACs, playing through a humble Ordnance Amplifiers 25 USB DAC / amp, or a Teac DR-L700 receiver playing into a Drop Cavalli Tube Hybrid headphone amp.

Slowly moving to a purchase of a decent DAC for main system (probably mostly non headphone) use, and most likely to go for an Allo USBridge or DigiOne Signature for network streaming duties.

Edit: 19Aug: Just ordered Drop Sennheiser HD6XX . Bought a Schiit Modi 3 DAC for main system...budget, but great.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #10,452 of 15,646
Just a little story ...

I have been a member of this forum for almost 10 years.
Once I wrote my opinion and a crowd of fans kicked me mercilessly.
Frustrated, I decided to delete my account and administrators immediately killed it.
Then there were unsuccessful attempts to restore, but in this case, unfortunately, no one helped me.
However, the situation showed me that no one cares who you are or what you do here and what for.

As a result, I am here again and hope that this attempt to become a full member of the site again will be successful.
Now I'm going simply and without much zeal read other people's opinions, which, incidentally, very often are not so reasonable as much more fanatical, as I now realise.
Thank you for reading my welcome message and withstanding my stream of thoughts.

So ... hello everyone!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #10,453 of 15,646
^ Just put it behind you and move forward and enjoy the site.

There was a site platform upgrade a few years ago, so they probably lost all your posts.

Also, I think that when you asked them to delete your account, everything is removed and can't be retrieved.

I have had several of my posts removed over the years even though I did not ask them to! :ksc75smile:

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #10,454 of 15,646
Hi Guys

Been a longtime lurker on here and have really appreciated all the help and advice this forum and its members have to give.

So I decided to register and hopefully get more involved.

I’m very new to the world of audio in any serious way and part of the reason for lurking was to try and understand the lingo and basics of improving my audio experience.

I have had a few earphones over the years which I always used with an iPhone of one type or another...

Currently I have an RHA T20 (Wireless version) which I use with the Linum G2 BAX cable, The RHA T10i’s,(which I’ve had now for maybe 10 years or so) Audeze iSine 10s with Linum G2 Bax and the wireless and lightning cipher cable, AKG 3003i’s and a Sony WF1000x and SBH80s. DAC wise it’s a Onkyo HA200, Topping NX4 DSD and I’m hoping to have a Chord Mojo in my hands very soon

Now I think about it! it’s this place that has lead me to buy most this kit... !!

There’s a lot of great kit out there amongst you guys and a hell of a lot of knowledge which has been great to read...!

So thanks to this forum and everyone here it’s a privilege to be part of it, thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back